Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 hoyt limbs question >

hoyt limbs question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hoyt limbs question

Old 01-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default hoyt limbs question

I have a hoyt Vulcan with 70-80 lbs limbs and am looking to get a set of 60-70lbs limbs for the bow. I was hoping some Hoyt gurus out there could tell me if limbs are specific to Draw length or if I just need to find some XT500 limbs in 60-70lbs?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hoyt limbs question

You can call Hoyt, that's your best source. They may or may not be specific to draw length/cam #. It's best to contact them, tell them exactly what you are doing, and they will help. You may get 200 answers on here... for that bow, you may need a specific limb deflection with that draw length to achieve the poundage you're looking for.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

The limbs are not for a specific draw length, just a particular deflection. The weight is not specific to a particular limb (i.e. you will not find any limbs labeled 50-60#) What you will find is a deflection number (normally scribed on the end of the limb where it sits in the limb pocket).
This deflection number as well as the type of cam you have determines draw weight.

You will need to call Hoyt and ask them about what deflection you will need. From there, you will have to order them from your local Hoyt dealer.
If my memory serves me correctly, new limbs in camo will run around $150. Target limbs are closer to $180.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM

98 hit the nail right on the head. You should be able to get your current limbs down to around 67 pounds, if that is low enough for you. Bows work more efficiently on the upper end of their parameters, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. If you need to go lower than about 67, you'll need new limbs.