Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE >

GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM

Default RE: GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

Reapers for me. I watched that video and just had to get myself a set to try. Worked for me this season (1/1).
Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reapers for me!!! I shot 4 deer this year and the farthest one that ran after was 40 yards.. Walt
Old 12-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Read my signature another vote for the reapers
Old 12-23-2008, 09:12 PM

With much prodding, and to be as impartial as possible, I've decided to try the Rage 2 blade for the late season. So far I've found itto be an extremely well constructed, sharp, and dead nuts accurate broadhead. I have a feeling, with a good conservative broadside shot, I'll put alot of meat (and blood) on the ground.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

With much prodding, and to be as impartial as possible, I've decided to try the Rage 2 blade for the late season. So far I've found itto be an extremely well constructed, sharp, and dead nuts accurate broadhead. I have a feeling, with a good conservative broadside shot, I'll put alot of meat (and blood) on the ground.
What kind of speed/KE are you seeing doegirl??? I ask b/c the rage 2blades really require a high amount of KE to get good penetration, and your sig says doeGIRL so I ASSume that you are shooting a lower poundage setup. Im not trying to sway you to shoot something different by any means (i shoot rage as well).
Derek
Old 12-23-2008, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: drockw

What kind of speed/KE are you seeing doegirl??? I ask b/c the rage 2blades really require a high amount of KE to get good penetration, and your sig says doeGIRL so I ASSume that you are shooting a lower poundage setup. Im not trying to sway you to shoot something different by any means (i shoot rage as well).
Derek
hehehe-47ftlbs KE. Believe me, any shot I take will be under 25yds, broadside only.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I blow those Reapers into hogs, they are the only mechanical that I have used so far, and they are 4/4 on hogs.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Derek
hehehe-47ftlbs KE. Believe me, any shot I take will be under 25yds, broadside only.
At least you knowwhat to expect. Im not trying to tell you what to do, but i would say 90% that you arent going to get a pass thru. I wouldnt expect it with that kind of KE, BUT...It is very common and most of the people that dont get pass thrus still find the deer as long as shot placement is good.

I shot adoe directly in the shoulder with my 101st (72#KE@61#'s) with my 3blades and didnt get a pass thru, but I found her 35 yards away.

I wish youthe best of luck with them.
Derek
Old 12-23-2008, 10:10 PM

Derek
At least you knowwhat to expect. Im not trying to tell you what to do, but i would say 90% that you arent going to get a pass thru. I wouldnt expect it with that kind of KE, BUT...It is very common and most of the people that dont get pass thrus still find the deer as long as shot placement is good.

I shot adoe directly in the shoulder with my 101st (72#KE@61#'s) with my 3blades and didnt get a pass thru, but I found her 35 yards away.

I wish youthe best of luck with them.
Derek
Thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like rage. When i shot my deer with the rage this year it droped it in its tracts

Quick Reply: GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.