View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 10:08 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

With much prodding, and to be as impartial as possible, I've decided to try the Rage 2 blade for the late season. So far I've found itto be an extremely well constructed, sharp, and dead nuts accurate broadhead. I have a feeling, with a good conservative broadside shot, I'll put alot of meat (and blood) on the ground.
What kind of speed/KE are you seeing doegirl??? I ask b/c the rage 2blades really require a high amount of KE to get good penetration, and your sig says doeGIRL so I ASSume that you are shooting a lower poundage setup. Im not trying to sway you to shoot something different by any means (i shoot rage as well).
Derek
hehehe-47ftlbs KE. Believe me, any shot I take will be under 25yds, broadside only.
At least you knowwhat to expect. Im not trying to tell you what to do, but i would say 90% that you arent going to get a pass thru. I wouldnt expect it with that kind of KE, BUT...It is very common and most of the people that dont get pass thrus still find the deer as long as shot placement is good.

I shot adoe directly in the shoulder with my 101st (72#KE@61#'s) with my 3blades and didnt get a pass thru, but I found her 35 yards away.

I wish youthe best of luck with them.
Derek