Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE >

GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

Old 12-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

I use my Grim Reaper 100gr Razortips for everything.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Well, I'm now a believer. I tested the rage at a hunting preserve. My line of thinking is, if I got horrid penetration, I stood a better chance retrieving the animal under high fence. The Rage performed wonderful and I harvested a beautiful ram. For deer sized game, I'll use the Rage without hesitation for now on...

Old 01-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!! Im glad it worked well for you
Derek
Old 01-01-2009, 08:48 PM
bigcountry

See, this is the funny part for guys like me. We have never had to have these failure threads about thunderheads, or phantoms or bear fixed broadheads. You either hit the animal in the vitals and find him or you didn't hit him in the vitals. Everybody is looking for the newest whizbang I guess.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

While I No longer shoot mechanicals. I did go through that phase and killed approx. 40 animals with mechanicals of various brands. Most of the time they work Great, but one failure is one too many and I No longer see the advantage in taking the risk.
I have also shared many hunts with customers and friends who have used mechanicals. I would rate them as follows.
1. Spitfire XP (The New Maxx Spitfire should be Awesome provided you have the horses to shoot it)
2. Grim Reapers
3. Rage

I put Rage 3rd because honestly it seems guys I know who have hands on experience with them either Love them or Hate them and feedback is close to 50/50 in my area.

Dan
Old 01-01-2009, 09:09 PM
bigcountry

I went thru the stage too aound 1999-2001. But a properly tuned bow, I found no need. And found penetration issues. But I also dont see the need for 10 dollars/BH either. Thunderheads or the old muzzys will do just as well.

I just find it comical that people still buy something that has such contradictory reports.