Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rest Preference

Old 12-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rest Preference

thanks for all of the info guys, I'll definitely have to check into the QAD and Limb Driver rests as they seem to be the rests of choice
Old 12-10-2008, 08:59 AM
bigcountry

Wahoo, I got the ripcord too on one bow. But after using it for a season, I hate it. I have a tendiously to let down on a deer, and this rest just screws you doing it. Arrow usually falls off. this is the one feature I love on the QAD. you can let down slowly and everything stays together.

I thought the ripcord was great in practicing and 3d. But learned hunting is different.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:42 AM

I love my QAD, I switched form a WB not long ago and will never go back. It is much more consistent and still gives me the full contained I love so much. Also it is a little quieter too.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Swamp Collie -- when we gonna see you way of installing the LD -- like you did with the QAD?

Send me one. I'll put it on a bow. Our shop doesn't carry them, so unless someone just drops one off to be set up, my hands are tied.

Even at that.... there are no real serious tricks to it that I can see. No special knots or anything.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM

I love my limbdriver, and agree with Swamp...even I could set that dude up!

Full containment hasn't been an issue yet, but if I do much stalking, I think I'd prefer full containment...meaning I might have to look into rests this summer.[&:]
Old 12-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the limb driver
Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

I can't really say much that hasn't been said yet. The hostage pro is a great cencept but poor design. The Qad HD offers full containment in a drop away. The LD is easy as pie to tune -- and yes -- an orangatang could put it on -- I did -- but I may qaulify under the Silver back gorilla category.

Swamp Collie -- when we gonna see you way of installing the LD -- like you did with the QAD?
Not necessary, a trained monkey could do that. Granted, it would have to be one of those NASA monkeys. That is one of the benefits of the Limb Driver, it is just so easy to install.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer the Spot Hogg Whammy right now over anything currently available.The most forgiving and easy to tune rest I have seen.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...hammy&#2946224
Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM

limbdriver.

last rest you'll ever buy.

well... last rest i'll every buy at least.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I love my limbdriver, and agree with Swamp...even I could set that dude up!

Full containment hasn't been an issue yet, but if I do much stalking, I think I'd prefer full containment...meaning I might have to look into rests this summer.[&:]
Definitely get full containment before you come up next summer. It allows you to focus on the critter and not your rest as you crawl around making final adjustments in position for the shot. I've got a QAD on my Hoyt but I honestly haven't found anything better than the WB's that are on my BowTech and Mathewsfor standing up to the beating that the brush up here gives your gear. You'll understand better when you get into your first alder tangle and come out into a salmonberry patch that puts you into a devil's club grove.[][>:][&:][:@]

Quick Reply: Rest Preference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.