Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS >

82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Old 12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

A local pro shop owner up here says that he would rather throw the arrow at the target than us a WB. I'm right in the middle on this one. I think that some people can use them effectively, but I know that I and many other people would have an easier time hitting the X with a drop away.

With regards to that, and Kodiak Archer and all....

KA's line of thought is that its better to have a rest that can take a beating and still put an arrow through the vitals than it is to have a rest that can hit a golf ball at 90 yards that cannot survive an Alaskan hunt. If it's broke... then its worse than worthless. I frankly tend to agree with him 100%... especially from the point of view that I'm a duck hunter, and duck hunting is extremely tough on stuff. I'd take a $200 ugly pump gun that always goes bang three times and shoots where I point than a $1600 Italian semi-auto thats going to turn into a single shot when it gets mud and water in the action.

A WB, inside 40 yards, can and frequently does shoot just as good as about anyone else can. I know of a few who might be able to tell the difference, but they are 1%er's... that absolute top of the shooting food chain. I killed a pile of deer and pigs with a WB. I'd still use one today... I vastly prefer my drop away... but I wouldn't look down my nose at one at all. Its without a doubt the most 'de-de'dee' proof rest available.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:59 PM

SC -- Alright, so if I was to buy a new WB. What is the best one? What I mean is that there are a lot of manufactures out there that put there own little twist on the WB and I was wondering if you liked any of them. Personally, I like the Fuse design.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Black Stick, If you want a Whisker Bisquit I have a Deluxe that I would gladly sell you right now for cheap. The deluxe is the highest model which sells for around 60$ new i believe. Its micro adjustable and like SC said, its idiot proof. I got on with VT for 09 so I will be adding an arsenal of LD's to my collection P.M. meif you want it b/c i just need to get rid of it. Im not trying to make a big profit or nothing. I shot 3d hunter class with it last year and had pretty good results with ittbh. Let me know
Derek
Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 AM

No, I don't want one. The LD lays flat on the riser, so it can handle plenty of abuse. I do not want to switch. The reason I asked was because I like to know what is the best so that I can help customers get the best equipment for their needs.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh. Well tell them I have a WB for sale
Derek
Old 12-15-2008, 07:33 PM

Always trying to get the customer the best deal. Will do.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool lol!
Derek
Old 12-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

The limb driver is great, and easy to set up. A trained monkey could do it, but it would have to be one of those NASA monkeys.
Careful what you call people!!

I Love the Limb Driver! It's the best dropaway I have sold, setup, or used.

Dan
Old 12-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

I am a proud owner of a 82nd airborne with Dan's MeanV supressor mounted on it. In my opinion there's two things wrong with that bow, the position of the stopper and the form of the rubber on the end.
I replaced the rubber with flat aone, like Dan sells or the bowjax type and I mounted the MeanV as well.
This makes the string hit the MeanV first and the standard supressor second. I still have some aftershock but it's quiet enough for the speed it gives me.

As for WB, the Fuse WB is a very good WB, I shot them before I switched to a QAD.
If you have good form and you don't torque the bow, the WB is a damn fine rest.
But with the braceheight and unforgivenesslikethat of awoman you stood up twice on a date, I wouldn't put one on a 82nd....

Frank
Belgium