Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS >

82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Old 12-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

i have an admiral and i love it. very light, no hand shock. it has a nice wall. the drop at the end is a little harsh
Old 12-07-2008, 04:59 PM

Well - its a done deal ordered a new admiral saturday ! said it wmay be a couple months ? i guess cause its lh ?
Old 12-07-2008, 05:01 PM

oh yeah - setup, think im gonna get away from my fallaway and go to maybe an octane rest. Suggestions !
Old 12-07-2008, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: dave37

Well - its a done deal ordered a new admiral saturday ! said it wmay be a couple months ? i guess cause its lh ?
That is exactly why. I understand completely. BT waits for a certain number of bow orders of a certain specification, and then builds it. I was even more specific when I ordered my 82nd. I had to get it in Mossy Oak Obsession. Because of this and the fact that I am a lefty, it took just about a month to get mine into the shop. I have heard, but find it hard to believe that only 1/30 archers re left handed. It really sucks!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dave37

oh yeah - setup , think im gonna get away from my fallaway and go to maybe an octane rest. Suggestions !
The Octane rest is not all it's cracked up to be. I tried it and thought that it was fine, but I didn't shoot it for very long (100 shots). However, we have had a few customers bring theirs back complaining that they wore out very quickly and wanted to get something else (Gander Mountain). I know that we are not the only shop that has had this problem. I'm not certain, but I think that Swamp Collie said that they have had to send back whole cases of them. On the other hand, I know at least five guys that I've shot with that use them and think they are great.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I will chime in on the Octane Hostage Pro -- DON"T GET IT. Weak brushes that wear easy. Great concept though. I am switching to a Limbdriver. I personally wouldn't waste my money on one until they improve the design a little better.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:41 PM

The limb driver is great, and easy to set up. A trained monkey could do it, but it would have to be one of those NASA monkeys.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 PM

do you guys shoot fallaways or stationary ? i never gave it a thought but my fall away is well behind my brace lending itself to alot easier bow torque. again im no proffesional i just take bits and pieces of your opinions on here and try an make sense of it ! i shot a WB before but it tore my 4" quickspins up ( made them sort of fray)
Old 12-07-2008, 07:57 PM

What everyone wants is to be as accurate as possible. Right? So, we should determine what can help make you more accurate. Obviously, practice and form are going to have a huge effect, but you cannot buy that. You can buy equipment. All equipment can do is make it easier to shoot more accurately. Let me give you an example. If you are using a shooting machine, you can shoot a perfect score at Vegas with a Diamond Edge starter Package just as easily as you can with a Hoyt Ultra Elite with all of the latest and greatest accessories. The fact is, we are not perfect like that machine, so you would most like shoot a higher score with the Hoyt. Understand?

Now, what contributes to making it easier to be accurate? Well, forgiveness is a big one, and there are many ways to make your bow more forgiving. One of which is to shoot a drop away. Within that, some drop aways are more forgiving than others. For instance, the longer the drop away is in contact with the arrow, the more forgiving it will be. For this reason, I recommend the Limb Driver by Vapor Trail. To help you understand how this rest works, click on this link. Go to the bottom of the page where you will find a video of the rest in action. Just click the play button in the lower right hand corner. You should notice that the rest stays in contact with the arrow right up until the fletchings need to clear. It is ideal.

Remember, all a fall away will do is make it easier to shoot accurately. If you are able to hold as still as a shooting machine or Kodiak Archer, then a WB will work fine.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Remember, all a fall away will do is make it easier to shoot accurately. If you are able to hold as still as a shooting machine or Kodiak Archer, then a WB will work fine.
ROFL

Quick Reply: 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.