Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need a new bow string >

Need a new bow string

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need a new bow string

Old 11-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Need a new bow string

Boys,

I read and learned a lot while reading the advantages of a new bow string.

My current string is beginning to frey a bit, and I don't want to take any risks. How much should I be looking to spend? I shoot a lot, not tons, but a lot. I haven't noticed anything wrong with my cables. I shoot a Hoyt Vipertec, and my draw length is 27inches, and I shoot in the upper 50s # wise.

Can someone maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a new bow string

Are they the original set of strings and cables on that bow? If they are, I'd replace everything. A good set of strings and cables will run you anywhere from 50-100 dollars. A good, prestretched string will give you quite a few advantages to the stock string on your bow. For one, ZERO peep rotation once the new set settles in. Secondly, cam timing stays where you set it. And last, they are just a better quality product.

I've said this before. But your strings and cables are the most important part of your bow. They hold the thing together.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the response. Yes, everything cable and string wise is from the original product.

Who do you recommend for the strings and cables?
Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 AM
Fork Horn

You have lots of options: Vapor Trail, Bucknasty, ProLine, Rock Solid, Crackers, Twisted Archery, just to name a few. Any one of these should get you what your looking for.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

As FSUBIGMAC stated, there are lots of good options out there.

I personally really like Wolf Den bowstrings. They are very high quality, pre stretched strings with a good guarantee. Not to mention they are sold at a very decent price compared to many.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered my string from Bucknasty Tuesday with some wax and it came in today and Idrop it off at shop to be installed. String,wax,and string loop material and my choice of colors shipped ran me 76.50,thats good delivery and cost for custom string I think.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:00 PM

There are lost of companies that make quality stings and a quality string is a quality string. Vapor Trail makes great strings. I have had stings come back 2 days after I ordered them. Plus, as far as price goes, it is tough to beat what MeanV2 is offering for Vapor Trails, and he will treat you right. Send him a PM and he will give you a quote. You will be pleasantly surprised.