Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrows and sweet idea! >

Arrows and sweet idea!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrows and sweet idea!

Old 11-28-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Arrows and sweet idea!

I found these arrows at my grandma's house yesterday. They are wood, have 6 huge feathers on them and broadheads that look like cloverleafs. I am assuming that they are for birds, but I wanted to use them to shoot a monster hornet's nest out of a tree 21 yards up. I think it will be pretty cool.

I figured that my 82nd would be too powerful for wooden shafts and would most likely snap them in half. Is this true? Can I buy those broadheads anywhere to screw into my carbon arrows so they won't break when I shoot them? Is there a better suited broadhead for this purpose? Can I buy those huge feathers?

Old 11-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Default RE: Arrows and sweet idea!

Alright, I just took a shot at it and nailed it perfectly, but it just shredded the bottom half of the nest. I used wooden arrow and my 82nd at 58#. That took some stress off the arrow, but I doubt that it is safe. Still, it was cool.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very dangerous,even at 58#'s,especially when not knowing what kid of poundage the wood is intended for.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Alright, stupid move. I took a second shot, which I missed high, and broke the arrow. Fortunately I have two more, but I knew that was going to happen. I admit that was a stupid move. However, I have not given up on the primary objective of taking that thing down. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Buy the part that fits into the back and screws into your regular arrows. I know they sell them
Old 11-28-2008, 04:27 PM

If you can find me a link that would be great. I cleaned out the wood of the broken shaft. They are clearly glue on broadheads. So, I need something to glue onto the broadhead that has a standard screw in on the other side.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:32 PM

Alright, I took the blades off of one of my G5 strikers and super glued it onto the cloverleaf broadhead. It is dark now, so I will let it dry over night and shoot it tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Here is an idea -- STOP BEING A SISSY-- climb your azz up that tree and take a hatchet to that nest. . If your allergic -- call me -- i will come up there to point and laugh when you get stung and start convulsing. HEHEHE
Old 11-28-2008, 04:59 PM

That's 63 feet up according to my rangefinder. I am not going to climb that thing and start swinging an ax at it. Plus, there is ice and snow on the tree. There are no hornets in it because it is too cold for them to survive.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Ice and snow on the tree will add to the awesomeness of the adventure. Come one -- maybe you should be the one with the hello kitty wraps. MAN LAW!!!

Quick Reply: Arrows and sweet idea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.