Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Turkey Feathers for Arrow Fletching >

Turkey Feathers for Arrow Fletching

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Turkey Feathers for Arrow Fletching

Old 04-01-2003, 10:37 AM

Default Turkey Feathers for Arrow Fletching

Has anyone ever used Trueflight feathers service of having your feathers from your turkey ground down and cut into useable feathers for fletching arrows. I was thinking of doing this this year " WHEN" I get a bird. I think it would be pretty cool to use arrows with feathers from a Turkey I shot. You can find this info under Frequently asked Questions at www.trueflightfeathers.com
Here is what their website says there are also two pics of what feathers to send and not send them.

I shot a wild turkey. Can you grind it' s wing feathers so I can use them on arrows?

Yes. During the months of November and December for a fee of $15.00 for grinding or $25.00 for grinding and die-cutting we will process up to 50 feathers per person. This includes shipping back to you.

Please send only the 5 or 6 " pointer" feathers from each wing along with your check and instructions. Any feathers unsuitable for grinding will be returned to you. The 50 feathers can be a combination of both right wing and left wing. Please separate them in the package you send us.

Our mailing address is:

Trueflight Mfg. Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 1000
Manitowish Waters, WI 54545-1000

Our UPS address is:

Trueflight Mfg. Co., Inc.
Hwy. 51, South
Manitowish Waters, WI 54545
Old 04-03-2003, 09:49 AM

Default RE: Turkey Feathers for Arrow Fletching

WOW. That is pretty neat. I am going to try that. I would love to hunt with feathers that I got from a turkey I killed.

Thanks