Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 new arrows? need help >

new arrows? need help

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new arrows? need help

Old 11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new arrows? need help

what about the beemans? i am probably going to go to bass pro and look at arrows becasuei bought my bow there and they were helpful.
can i get any arrows for my lights out?
what do you think of the easton epics?

(sorry about ALL the questions i jsut want to make a good choice in buying these)

Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 PM

The Beman ICS Hunters are good, but you get a lot more feature with the CX Maximas. The Easton Epics are also good, but I still like the CX Maximas better and they are just about the same price.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

No you can't get just any arrow. You have to match the spine to the specs you are shooting. So here I will give you an example: This is the link to the Gold Tip spine chart (http://www.huntersfriend.com/arrowhelp/gold-tip-arrow-spine-chart.htm), one you open the page you see several different charts, so say you are using a 100gr Field Points and Broadheads, so on that chart you follow the columns. So in your case shooting a 100 gr point at 60# at 28' draw(i am going to guestimate a 29 inch arrow). As you can see gold tip recommends you use a 5575 or 400 spine. Lets try it again with my bow specs -- i have have a 31 inch arrow shooting 68# w/ 100 grain points -- I need 7595 which might be just a tad overspined. On that hunters fiend site you can look at all the different kind of arrows they sell and each brand will have a spine chart where you can look up what they recommend for you. Hope this helped
Old 11-17-2008, 08:00 PM

Having correctly spined arrows is extremely important.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

No you can't get just any arrow. You have to match the spine to the specs you are shooting. So here I will give you an example: This is the link to the Gold Tip spine chart (http://www.huntersfriend.com/arrowhelp/gold-tip-arrow-spine-chart.htm), one you open the page you see several different charts, so say you are using a 100gr Field Points and Broadheads, so on that chart you follow the columns. So in your case shooting a 100 gr point at 60# at 28' draw(i am going to guestimate a 29 inch arrow). As you can see gold tip recommends you use a 5575 or 400 spine. Lets try it again with my bow specs -- i have have a 31 inch arrow shooting 68# w/ 100 grain points -- I need 7595 which might be just a tad overspined. On that hunters fiend site you can look at all the different kind of arrows they sell and each brand will have a spine chart where you can look up what they recommend for you. Hope this helped
oh ok i see thanks
do they have those charts for every different brand of arrows? and would they have that at bass pro?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM

Yes, usually they put them on every box of arrows. All the charts have the same information to consider (arrow length, and draw weight).
Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 AM

I went onto bassproshops.com to look for arrows for you.
On the high end: I see that they are selling a dozen CX Maximas with blazers for $129.99, which have a straightness of .0025. Pretty darn good. However, I thought that I would also point out that the CX Maxima 3D Selects are also $129.99, which have a straightness of .001, but you will need to pay them to fletch them, should be $2-$3 per arrow for vanes. Feathers are a little more.

Mid range: The Beaman ICS CamoHunters with Blazers are $94.99 a dozen and have a straightness of .003.

I would not recommend anything lower than this.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

I personally shoot Gold Tip XT Hunters -- a decent arrow -- great for hunting. They are relatively cheap for a mid grade arrow -- .003 straightness tolerance. I think i got mine on huntersfriend for $63 fo a dozen unfletched. After I got them wrapped and fletched by my own guy I have about $85 in them.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Are you sure that that wasn't for 6 and not 12?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

No that was for a dozen man -- bare shaft. I have a guy that Fletches my arrows for me to my desire. I wish I had more money I would buy about 3 more dozen at that price -- 63 on Hun.Friend .... 78elsewhere

Quick Reply: new arrows? need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.