HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new arrows? need help
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
mossbergman11/OH
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new arrows? need help

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

No you can't get just any arrow. You have to match the spine to the specs you are shooting. So here I will give you an example: This is the link to the Gold Tip spine chart (http://www.huntersfriend.com/arrowhelp/gold-tip-arrow-spine-chart.htm), one you open the page you see several different charts, so say you are using a 100gr Field Points and Broadheads, so on that chart you follow the columns. So in your case shooting a 100 gr point at 60# at 28' draw(i am going to guestimate a 29 inch arrow). As you can see gold tip recommends you use a 5575 or 400 spine. Lets try it again with my bow specs -- i have have a 31 inch arrow shooting 68# w/ 100 grain points -- I need 7595 which might be just a tad overspined. On that hunters fiend site you can look at all the different kind of arrows they sell and each brand will have a spine chart where you can look up what they recommend for you. Hope this helped
oh ok i see thanks
do they have those charts for every different brand of arrows? and would they have that at bass pro?