Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 new arrows? need help >

new arrows? need help

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new arrows? need help

Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 PM

Default RE: new arrows? need help

That is a great price, but you do get a lot more with the CX Maximas.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sure -- actually looking at the Maximas as we speak. But unless you wanna pay my student loan bills the GT's are about as much as I can afford HAHA
Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM

Go nols!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah those beaman ICS camohunters look nice but real expensive. i will try and persuade my parents to let me get them. are there any other arrows that are pretty good but less expensive? becasue i know im going to loose some arrows.
are the beman team realtrees good? thwey are same price as the ICS camo hunters
Old 11-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Makes sure whatever arrow you pick says .003 spine or .001 spine tolerance -- you want these because they are straighter arrow. If you really want cheap but a good quality -- Easton Aluminum. There is nothing wrong with aluminum and they would be a lot cheaper to lose. Aluminums are also known for a near perfect spine which means your dozen is going to fly similar.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 PM

However, aluminum arrows bend more easily. I'd stay away from them unless I was going to Vegas.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:09 PM

The Team realtrees are just as good as the camohunters. They are a little heavier though.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:21 PM

Cheaper Arrows:
The Gold Tip XT Hunters cost $84.99 with 4" inch vanes. At that price, they are all black. If you want camo shafts, it will cost an extra $5-$10.
Better yet, the Beaman ICS Hunters, which are black only cost $79.99 with Blazers.

Both of these have the same consistencies as the more expensive camo versions (±.003 straigtness and ±2.0 grains). Personally, I prefer the non camo versions because they weigh less, which means a faster arrow.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Cheaper Arrows:
The Gold Tip XT Hunters cost $84.99 with 4" inch vanes. At that price, they are all black. If you want camo shafts, it will cost an extra $5-$10.
Better yet, the Beaman ICS Hunters, which are black only cost $79.99 with Blazers.

Both of these have the same consistencies as the more expensive camo versions (±.003 straigtness and ±2.0 grains). Personally, I prefer the non camo versions because they weigh less, which means a faster arrow.
how much faster do the non camo arrows go? (fps wise)
also what is the advantage to having camo shafts?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM

There is no advantage to having camo shafts. I always use the blacks because they are cheaper, and faster. I cannot tell you exactly how much faster they will be, but I can promise you that they will be faster. I think the rule is 5grains = ±1ps. If you have 28" arrows, and are shooting 60#, you will need 400 spines on the Beman ICS Hunters and CamoHunters. The ICSCamo Hunters weigh 9.1 gpi or 254.8 grains for the shaft alone. The ICS Hunters weigh 8.4 gpi or 235.2 grains for the shaft alone. That is a difference of 19.6 grains or about 4 fps. So, not much faster, but still faster.

Quick Reply: new arrows? need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.