Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Walk-Back Tuning ? >

Walk-Back Tuning ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walk-Back Tuning ?

Old 11-16-2008, 05:27 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Walk-Back Tuning ?

ORIGINAL: archer 2

To do walkback tuning correctly , you ONLY use you 20 yard pin for all distances. As to how far back you can shoot is going to depend on how tall your target butt is and how flat shooting your bow is. But , as I said earlier, use your 20 yard pin only.
Just curious, but why would it matter? Most every sight sold out there have all the pins lined up perfectly with windage. Unlike my old bows 25 years ago?

Old 11-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

^it really does make a difference. dont ask why, but you will get a / or \ when using your 20 yard pin at different distances. although you might be able to keep a perfect bulet hole from different distances by using the according pins, using the 20 at different distances will create a / or \. just do it and you will see
Derek
Old 11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: drockw

^it really does make a difference. dont ask why, but you will get a / or \ when using your 20 yard pin at different distances. although you might be able to keep a perfect bulet hole from different distances by using the according pins, using the 20 at different distances will create a / or \. just do it and you will see
Derek
I have tried and never seen it. The reason most people get the / or \ as you put it is because they are not holding thier bow vertical and consistent.. The all important bowlevel bubble should be used. I was just curious on why others say you should only use a 20 yard pin.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: drockw

Derek
I have tried and never seen it. The reason most people get the / or \ as you put it is because they are not holding thier bow vertical and consistent.. The all important bowlevel bubble should be used. I was just curious on why others say you should only use a 20 yard pin.
I agree 100%
Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

BC , I am not smart enough to give you the reason why it works , just know that it does. I do walk back tuning on all my bows to set center shot and it works.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:20 PM

I'm going to give this a try tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer 2

BC , I am not smart enough to give you the reason why it works , just know that it does. I do walk back tuning on all my bows to set center shot and it works.
I usually get CLOSE with a walkback, but I almost always (I say almost, because I have gotten lucky ONCE!!!) end up having to tweak a little once I put the BH's on.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guys I think using the 20 yd pin only will give you the / or \ or vertical "pattern" in your walk back. Now, theorically,if you aim at the same point using the 20 yd pin @ 20 yds, the 30 yd pin @ 30 yds, etc., and your rest is 'off' left or right, then you should see straight left or straight right stringing. If your rest is set correctly, your arrows should all group at the same point.
Am I right?