Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

over spined?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Spike

Default over spined?

I was reccomended by the tech who put my new string on that a gold tip 5575 would work for my 50-60 draw weight bow thats maxed. Don't get me wrong The arrows fly fine but I haven't paper tuned it cause I don't do alot of tuning. Does the spine seem right?

Last edited by kscountryboy; 04-15-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: wanted to reword my question
Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on the DL and what bow you're shooting. Different cam styles like varied spines. More aggressive cam-style, heavier tip wt., longer DL, needs a stiffer spine, softer cams, lighter tip wt., shorter DL can get away with a weaker spine.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
bigcountry

As doug said, depends all the the bow. But goldtip 5575s are in the ball park for a 60lb draw. Post some info on your draw and year and model of your bow.

Leave em longer than you want. That way you can tune the arrow to the bow. You can take off arrow length but can't add it back.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry
As doug said, depends all the the bow. But goldtip 5575s are in the ball park for a 60lb draw. Post some info on your draw and year and model of your bow.

Leave em longer than you want. That way you can tune the arrow to the bow. You can take off arrow length but can't add it back.
I agree with Mark on leaving them long, I would like to see more weight on front however.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by The Rev
I agree with Mark on leaving them long, I would like to see more weight on front however.
I also think so.