Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop Away Rest

Old 09-16-2008, 06:49 PM

Default Drop Away Rest

Hello,
I am have trouble with my new drop away rest and wondering if they are designed to be used with a release. I shoot fingers and have for 16 yrs. The rest isa trophy taker brand. Whats happening is when I pull back to shoot, my arrow wants to walk out of the rest and head towards the riser. I have tried to torque the bow and this does help some but not enough to make me feel confindent. I have the rest adjusted all the way inward towards the riser and still does not help. The rest has the large Y that the arrow sits on. I figured to get the large one to accept the 2317 I use. Should I have went with a more narrow Y or is it something else? My bow is a Q2xl and shoot 2317-2415.
I never had this problem with other rest. I would like to use the rest if possible. Advice?
Old 09-18-2008, 03:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Drop Away Rest

Sounds like you already know why it's happening. If you can't keep it on then it's got to go. I don't think the smaller one will help.

I might try putting a 1/4" deep hole the size of the arrow where it sits to see if that would do it, but that's just me (if I couldn't sell it or use it). Or maybe add something to it like glue some small pieces of teflon to keep it in place.