Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Is this enough for Mech >

Is this enough for Mech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is this enough for Mech

Old 09-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Spike

Default Is this enough for Mech

Just wanted to see what you guys think of this setup as far as penetration on deer.
60lb bear showdown 28in draw 28 in 2117 xx78. I want to shoot NAP shock wave mechor the Scorpion XP Mech. Is this enough weight for Mech broadheads thanks for any input
Old 09-14-2008, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Is this enough for Mech

Looking at your setup, you are shooting quite a heavy arrow, and the speed shouldnt be all that fast. With that being said, you should be able to get good broadhead flight, with a fixed head, if the bow is tuned good. Why the need for the mechanical? or are you just looking for a larger cutting diameter? Best of luck with whatever you choose, but if I was shooting that set up, I would probably go back to my slick tricks.

Jason
Old 09-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is this enough for Mech

you should be fine, Vicki shot the Shockwaves for years and I think she shoot just under 60# and has a shorter drawlength than you. I think she even took a caribou with one, so you should be just fine on deer. If you are worried about penetration and want to still shoot a NAP head, I love the hellrazors or the new Nightmare's. Good Luck!