Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Low KE Mech

Old 09-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Low KE Mech

Looking for a low KE Mech head for my Girl. She has a new Drenalin only shootin 42# with a 28" inch Draw.Never really looked in to these before only Bigger Heads was hoping someone had some experience in this area and could help me out. 5shot or anyone. Thanks Guys
Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Low KE Mech

I wouldn't let her shoot any mechanical. NONE. I don't care how little KE they say the require to deploy the blades.

She needs to be shooting a smaller fixed blade head like the 1" slick tricks, Magnus stingers, NAP nitrons, Eastman first cut, Steel force, etc... etc...
Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I wouldn't let her shoot any mechanical. NONE. I don't care how little KE they say the require to deploy the blades.

She needs to be shooting a smaller fixed blade head like the 1" slick tricks, Magnus stingers, NAP nitrons, Eastman first cut, Steel force, etc... etc...
Man, do I agree with this one. I shoot around 55# with a 27" draw and won't even think of using a mechanical. Besides, there's no challenge placed on the tuning process.

Droptine, is this your girl or your daughter. Man, with a 28" draw length she must have a pretty long wingspan. She must be about 5'10". That's about normal to require a 28" draw.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

BGFisher,
Great Guess man, yeah she is my girl stands about 5'10" 130lbs...DD....and bowhunts, im not sure how it gets better than that....

But sure would like to hear 5shot ring in on this..I understand your guyszzzz reservations...and share them....I had her shootint Small fixed blades last year..and I got to believe with al the rearward opening mechs out there now there is probably a good one for her but i could be wrong.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Tiffany Lakowski shoots rage expandables, and I believe she pulls about 54lbs and only has a 25inch draw. My wife pulls 53lbs and has a 26inch draw, but Im having her shoot Nap hellrazors, those or the montecs would be my top pic for low KE.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 PM

dont let her shoot mhs
Old 09-21-2007, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: passthru79

Well Tiffany Lakowski shoots rage expandables, and I believe she pulls about 54lbs and only has a 25inch draw. My wife pulls 53lbs and has a 26inch draw, but Im having her shoot Nap hellrazors, those or the montecs would be my top pic for low KE.
I would venture that Tiffany is paid to shoot Rage heads. If you pay for my hunting I too would be more than happy to pimp off your products I'm with everyone else, go fixed.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Watchthe deer that Tiffany shootsand notice how little penetration she gets on most of her deer.

And yes, she gets paid to promote a particular broadhead.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not saying that it is the best choice even if Tiffany shoots them. What I am saying if this guy is dead set on his girl shooting mechanicals that rage broadheads or another rear deploying head would be a good choice. Ive seen Tiffany get more penetration on some deer than alot of profesionals do shooting fixed blades. Whats most important is that 2droptine needs to make sure his girl only takes close shots and the deer needs to be broadside.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

snipers looks likethey might be good to use for low poundage.they push to open might even penatrate better than fixed blades.
dont know, i've never used snipers.

Quick Reply: Low KE Mech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.