Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another Cracked Limb on my Bowtech Pro 38  ****UPDATE***** >

Another Cracked Limb on my Bowtech Pro 38 ****UPDATE*****

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Cracked Limb on my Bowtech Pro 38 ****UPDATE*****

Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Cracked Limb on my Bowtech Pro 38

Just looked at my Pro 38 dual cam. The 2nd pic clearly shows that there is no limb pivot in the limb pocket. Mine has at least 1/8" gap between the limb and the pocket. It seems to be breaking right on the edge of the pocket.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Spike

i just got my bow back tonight. i thought that was a pretty good turn around time.
when my shop took the bow apart, the original rocker was in there...even though it doesn't look like it in the pic. the shop guy said that the limb had so much pressure on it that it smushed it. he had said i was real lucky the bow didn't blow up in my face.
so bowtech sent out new limbs, they are supposed to be a newer version. they have a different tightening system (where you change your poundage), like the ones on the newer model bows. they also sent aluminum rockers, which they said was an upgrade from the crappy plastic ones that were in it.
when my shop guy called bowtech, it seemed like my issue was a common occurance or at least enough happened that they knew that there was a slight problem. so they say this will fix any and all my issues. i hope it does, i really like the bow and how it shoots.

kevin
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kjclark7

i just got my bow back tonight. i thought that was a pretty good turn around time.
when my shop took the bow apart, the original rocker was in there...even though it doesn't look like it in the pic. the shop guy said that the limb had so much pressure on it that it smushed it. he had said i was real lucky the bow didn't blow up in my face.
so bowtech sent out new limbs, they are supposed to be a newer version. they have a different tightening system (where you change your poundage), like the ones on the newer model bows. they also sent aluminum rockers, which they said was an upgrade from the crappy plastic ones that were in it.
when my shop guy called bowtech, it seemed like my issue was a common occurance or at least enough happened that they knew that there was a slight problem. so they say this will fix any and all my issues. i hope it does, i really like the bow and how it shoots.

kevin
I'm glad to hear things were take care of in a timely fashion however...

There must be some sort of miscommunication between the dealer and our Service Dept. because we don't make any aluminum limb pivots (rockers) and from the pictures you've posted it's pretty plain to see that the rocker was left out of it. It's nearly impossible for them to be smashed with the pressure a limb puts on them.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to agree with Pat. If it was my bow, unless I actually saw the "smushed" limb pivot the dealer told you about, I would suspect he is covering himself for the mistake he made by putting the limb in without a pivot. They are an engineered, tough material, not "crappy plastic." Not really "smushable."
Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Spike

i would agree with the dealer possibly covering their mistake up but it was a different dealer from when i went in 2004. i am quoting exactly from what the dealer told me. he did show me a rocker, it wasn't smushed in my opinion but was deformed a little on one end. almost pinched on the end. of course i didn't take a pic or take it with me.
so i don't know what he did or what bowtech told him but the new rockers are greenish and are upgrades according to him.
on a side note...
after drawing back and being at full draw, and looking up at the top cam (its a round cam) the string is not centered, its pulling off to the left side of the cam. is that normal? i don't know if it was like that prior to the dealer but i am looking at everything now.
i checked to make sure the axle wasn't bent or tweeked by letting the pressure off the string and spinning the round cam. so any thoughts.
thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can align the idler by twisting one of the two sides of the Y yoke that are attached to the upper axle.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Spike

would i twist the side that i need it to go? for example, if the string is coming off the top cam towards the left side, do i twist the left side yoke cable?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

ORIGINAL: kjclark7

kevin
I'm glad to hear things were take care of in a timely fashion however...

There must be some sort of miscommunication between the dealer and our Service Dept. because we don't make any aluminum limb pivots (rockers) .
There's sometin going on. I entered "aluminum limb pivots (rockers) bowtech" in google and a link says you do for the Gaurdian. It looked like a BT site to me.

Sounds like it's good to go though. I see your talking pressing the bow to twist the strings, don't blow it. I don't know how others do it but I always turn the limb bolts out as far as allowed before pressing. Much easier on the bow.

I don't really want to know but why didn't the dealer set it up right when he had it?