Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Truth 2

Old 08-25-2008, 04:25 PM

Default Truth 2

ANYONE HEARD OR HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE CAM ON THE BOTTOM RUBBING THE CABLES OR DOING ANYTHING FUNNY?? My buddy is on his second Truth 2 in 6 months because of this issue?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Truth 2

I haven't had that problem with mine, but now I'll keep a closer look for it now.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Spike

It seems some bows are prone to this sort of problem. My buddy has a Bowtech that has the same problem. When I took my bow in to be restrung, I told the owner about my freinds problem and he led me over to the bows that are in there for service(restringing,etc..) and showed me where 6 out of the 9 that were there had the same problem!! I was suprised to say the least! I had no idea that it was that common![:-]
Old 08-26-2008, 07:07 PM

what is causing it??
Old 08-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Spike

He made it seem like it was the bottom cams that were the problem.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

I had a cable issue with my Bear Instinct, for me it was the module..it didn't line up perfectly with where the cable rolls over on it, so it actually started clipping the edge of the cable.
The module needs to be a couple thousands wider or lined up better or something. It's made to fit flush against the cam but doesn't seem to be wide enough for the cable string to align perfectly.
I took the module out and super glued 3 paper punched pieces of paper to the side of the module beside each allen screw.
It was just enough to push it out just a hair so that the cable string lined up better with it when was drawn over the module and doesn't cut the side of the cable string.
Since I did that excessive string wear has stopped.