Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String Replacement?? >

String Replacement??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Replacement??

Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 AM

Default String Replacement??

I got an 07 allegiance back in feburary. I was using a string splitter to seperate the string. Well after I got the peep all tied in I noticed some frayed strands. I have shot300 to 400arrows with the string in this condition. Now being this close to my season opener, I hate to change string so do you think that the bow is safe. or should I change strings. Sorry wish I had a pic.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: String Replacement??

If it's minor fraying, I don't replace. But if you actually cut strands, then I would replace
Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 AM

Sorry this is off topic, but how do you like your string splitter? Does it work well, and accurate?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:35 AM

Not a big fan of it at the moment. This may gowithout saying, but since this little problem I think a press is a must for doing anything that requires the string to be split.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM

Take some Pictures and Send them to me at [email protected] or post them up here! Sending them to the E-mail I'll get it faster since Im in and out of here!!

I'm one of the 2 string builders for Rock Solid but I believe in not selling you something unless you actually need it so pretty open minded!! But as someone else said above if its just fraying......do nothing but kill some deer with it! but if one strand is cut definately replace it!!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:02 AM

O sorry SB, I misunderstood you, I thought you were talking about the Rear sight that you put in you string, the one made by sterner duttera. Yes I have used the thing you are talking about. The only way I found them useful, is actually after the bow is in the press, and for my fat fingers it helps me seperate certain strands.