Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need info on weight tubes/spine >

Need info on weight tubes/spine

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need info on weight tubes/spine

Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need info on weight tubes/spine

Ok guys here goes, I used to shoot weight tubes to achieve desired arrow weight. I haven't used them in a couple years but I am going back to them, nowadays you techies have all these new programs to check all these variables in your arrow set ups....
Here's the situation....I am shooting Gt Xt's 7595 at 29" out of 70# bows (in my signature).....I am wanting to add 3gr weight tubes to get my total weight up to about 450-475gr.....I can't think of anything that this will affect, however I know some of you, have all these different calculators that I would love to have access to....Also I would like to know if any of you have any opinion's on this move please let me hear them!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need info on weight tubes/spine

why not just use a 150-175 grain BH and jack up your FOC and get the weight that you desire that way. why is it that you want to be that heavy?....Those arrow dressed out with even a 125 grain head will still be 425 or so....That's a real nice hunting weight I think. I won't be hunting that heavy this year, but thats just me.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Ok guys here goes, I used to shoot weight tubes to achieve desired arrow weight. I haven't used them in a couple years but I am going back to them, nowadays you techies have all these new programs to check all these variables in your arrow set ups....
Here's the situation....I am shooting Gt Xt's 7595 at 29" out of 70# bows (in my signature).....I am wanting to add 3gr weight tubes to get my total weight up to about 450-475gr.....I can't think of anything that this will affect, however I know some of you, have all these different calculators that I would love to have access to....Also I would like to know if any of you have any opinion's on this move please let me hear them!!!!
Wieght tubes are expensive IMO. If your using Gold tips, you can use thier wieght system with a nock adaptor to get desired wieght by adding wieght to the front and back equally.I use em with the gold tip trads, and they work great.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

why not just use a 150-175 grain BH and jack up your FOC and get the weight that you desire that way. why is it that you want to be that heavy?....Those arrow dressed out with even a 125 grain head will still be 425 or so....That's a real nice hunting weight I think. I won't be hunting that heavy this year, but thats just me.
Ben,I weighed them on my scale and was getting 380-390 (I don't remember the exact #) but it was less than 400.It has been a while since I have done too much playing trying to get the most energy I could but back in the day when I was so heavily into trying new stuff I found 450 ish to be the best for my set ups....The commander shoots the exact same numbers as my old bow so I was trying to get back to where I was a couple years ago....I know that a lot of guys here don't believe in KE anymore but it has never failed me, I will always try to get the most that my set up will shoot.....Thats just how I have been doing it for so long and I am kinda like that if it works for me I use it....
Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Wieght tubes are expensive IMO. If your using Gold tips, you can use thier wieght system with a nock adaptor to get desired wieght by adding wieght to the front and back equally.I use em with the gold tip trads, and they work great.

bigcountry....one of my best friends at home his nick name is bigcountry and it fits him good...

I will look at the GT weight system and see what it is all about ...Thanks
Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot camo GT XT's in 75/95 and end up with a 450 gr finished arrow. No extra weight added.