Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 truth eating my string >

truth eating my string

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

truth eating my string

Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Spike

Default truth eating my string

how do i keep my string from fraying about an inch below my serving on my newbear truth, without sending it back to bear, are they any strings out there that would prevent this problem
larry
Old 07-08-2008, 09:54 AM

Default RE: truth eating my string

Mine would eat the serving by the bottom cam. I found that where thecam track and draw module track transitioned did not line up very well. This caused the cable to pinch and the serving to wear out prematurely. I replaced it with a different draw module (which by luck lined up better). Didn't have as much of a problem after that. Doesn't sound like yours is in the same location. Don't know why yours would be fraying there. Make sure you wax your string a lot. You could also upgrade to a better aftermarket string. There are a lot of quality string makers you can check out on www.archerytalk.com.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

dilmus123 -
I also have the new Truth 2 and my serving was wearing out at the cam like Western Outdoors was. I took it to my local pro shop where I bought it and he called Fred Bear and talked to them. They were awesome they sent me Brand new cable's and told him how to adjust the module to not prematurely were the serving. Apparently this has been pretty common. But the adjustment fixed it and I have had no problems since. Also I will say that The factory strings and cables on the Truth 2 are the best you can buy in my opinion they are Winner's Choice. Hope that helps a little.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Lung Buster

dilmus123 -
I also have the new Truth 2 and my serving was wearing out at the cam like Western Outdoors was. I took it to my local pro shop where I bought it and he called Fred Bear and talked to them. They were awesome they sent me Brand new cable's and told him how to adjust the module to not prematurely were the serving. Apparently this has been pretty common. But the adjustment fixed it and I have had no problems since. Also I will say that The factory strings and cables on the Truth 2 are the best you can buy in my opinion they are Winner's Choice. Hope that helps a little.
I haven't had any string problems with my Truth 2 (normal serving wear at the cam). My problem was with the original Truth bow, and I think that is the bow he is talking about.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

my bad didn't catch that sorry!!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Spike

I had the same problem with my Truth bow, but I switched to Bucknasty Strings and cables, and the problem went bye-bye. I thought they corrected that on Truth 2. I will say, Fred Bear went out of their way to make everything right.

Mack34
Old 07-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Spike

thanks guys, i'm getting a new string to see if that fixes it
Old 07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Spike

got my new string today 40 bucks thanks bear warrenty
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Fork Horn

Mine would eat the serving by the bottom cam. I found that where thecam track and draw module track transitioned did not line up very well. This caused the cable to pinch and the serving to wear out prematurely.
I had this problem too and shimmed the module slightly, Lungbuster you said that bear told a pro shop guy how to adjust the module? Please elaborate.....
Old 07-13-2008, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

I was not able to watch him do it. I had to drop the bow and leave it with him one day while I was at work. When I picked it up he showed me what he did but I am afraid I cannot accurately tell you how he did it since I did not watch him do it!! I am a hands on kind of guy. Sorry!! I am going back to the bow shop sometime tommorrow and I will try to get more info on how he did it and I will repost that way I don't tell you wrong. All I know is that it fixed the problem. I will repost as soon as I get the details.