Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What are the best strings? >

What are the best strings?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What are the best strings?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What are the best strings?

I have had two sets of Vapor Trail strings and cables.I have to say I am not impressed at all.The center servings turn fuzzy and the strings wear fast.I have used the best wax and cleaners you can buy and the strings still fall apart.I have had a new set shipped out to me from Jarrod at the end of last season and they are already showing signs of wear after 250 shots.It took me the first 100 shots just to get the peep to stop rotating and they claim in as little as three shots.This will be the last season I use Vapor Trails I used to swear by them.[&o]
Old 07-21-2008, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

Vapor Trail for me. Great customer service, great WRITTEN warranty. Often times the novice string makers won't have a warranty...just word of mouth. "I'll take care of you if you have problems". Then they dissapear....stop taking PM's....don't answer email or phone.

Something to think about.
Gibblet never let me down, as far as warranty, Gibblet is the man, I don't need a written warranty, he's a man of his word, which is hard to find today in where. I hate to be ugly bro, but I wouldn't use a vapor trail to floss my dog!
Did I say anything about Gibblet? Nope

Different people have different experiences. That's why there are so many different string manufacturers/novices.

I'm a good 1500 to 2000 shots onto my string and cable. Zero wear and tare. Couldn't be happier.

What you and your dog do in your free time...well....that is none of my business. (thank god)
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Awwww don't talk about my dog, at least his teeth are clean.