Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another Bowtech Cable Slide Question? >

Another Bowtech Cable Slide Question?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Bowtech Cable Slide Question?

Old 06-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Another Bowtech Cable Slide Question?

I just received my used Guardian today. I know everyone is installing aftermarket slides on these. There is one on mine as well, but I noticed that the top cable just barely makes contact with the edge of the top cam draw stop. Is this pretty normal for you guys with the aftermarket slides, or is this possibly an indication of a different problem with the bow? Thanks for any info.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Default RE: Another Bowtech Cable Slide Question?

Can you Guardian owners post some pictures of how your cables are orientated in your slides and which side of the slide is further forward and back? I'm wondering if the orientation isn't correct on mine. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's how my 08 Guardian came from my dealer, the cables were rubbing together badly causing them to wear. He had to replace the slide for my Vital Gear drop away rest.

They are supposed to cross above the slide like in this picture without touching....hope this helps.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 07s slide is very noisy. Sounds like a tree creaking in the wind when I draw. Its also a bit taller than the above one.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is idenitcal to lifesadrag's. I have a minor creak at the very end of the draw cycle also but i thought my noise was coming from the cam not the slide. I will take another look.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Get a Winner's Choice slide & it will end all your issues! I had one on my Guardian & it made all the difference in the world!
Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Hyper Glide Slide IMHO is one of the best options out there.

I have one on my Guardian and while the cable hits close to the side of the stop, there have been no issues in a full season of hunting under its belt.

Dan
Old 06-14-2008, 10:44 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been searching a couple of different forums and looking at pictures of cable setups on the Guardian. I'm seeing different configurations. Some cross below the guard, and some cross above the guard. So does it really not matter then for tuning purposes how they are setup? My only dislike is how the top draw stop just barely makes contact. Does the stock slide do this as well? The bottom draw stop hits the cable solid. I'm very particular with having everything just right, but I guess if you guys don't have problems I shouldn't worry about it.

On a side note I did throw on just a rest and took a few quick shots (bare bow), andWOW! This thing does live up to the hype. It is very quiet and vibrationfree. I was a little surprised because I shot one recently at a local shop and was a little disappointed. I felt quite a bit of vibration in the handle of that one. I guess something must have been out of tune on that one.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: western outdoors

I noticed that the top cable just barely makes contact with the edge of the top cam draw stop. .
I noticed this as well on mine, as a matter of fact the cable rides the edge of the mod causing this wear on my cable....sounds like it's just a characteristic of this bow.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:03 PM

My 07 Guardian has the same issues. The top cable stop barely makes contact and has worn down. I've seen where it will slide past and make a click. I'm gonna try a new set of strings and harness soon, maybe that will help. I have the same dropaway (vital gear) and I just moved my vains so it would clear but I'm gonna look into a new slide. Thanks, for the insight guys!