Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Cable Slide >

Bowtech Cable Slide

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Cable Slide

Old 07-10-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Bowtech Cable Slide

What are you guys using out there other then the stock slide??

I have an Alpine roller slide but noticed the other day that the little rollers aren't actually rolling when I draw my bow.

Looking for some ideas before I send out my Cabelas order. Anything new out there?? I have heard some of the teflon slides stick out too far on the Bowtechs.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech Cable Slide

I replace the stock slide with a Sims Cable Slide.They are the best in my opinion.It will also give you more clearance on the cables.This is something that BowTech should work on,the stock slide puts TO MUCH wear on the cable's.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hicks 3D (The white one) It provides a little more clearance than the Stock slide, but doesn't yank the rigging over too far like the SIMS.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:25 PM

Matt you stole my thunder. I also have the Hicks 3D (White One) on my Old Glory
Old 07-11-2005, 09:36 PM

Thanks guys.

I see that the Hicks 3D slide comes in the 3D(white), The Hunter and the Target which are both dark.

Why the white one?
Old 07-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, why the white one??

Atlasman- funny you mention the rollers. i jhave sent back my slide 2 years in a row for that very reason. They roll at first, but in time the rubber stretches and the axle sit's out further than it did when new.

Too bad the saunders pull's the cable& string over so far, that is one smooth slide if your rig will allow it. I loved the way it felt on the draw, but felt like it pulled everything over a lot more than the stock slide, so i sent it back. My bud shoots one on his gladiator- no problems for him. I'm thinking about giving it another try.

As with the Alpine, a rolling slide just makes the draw feel that much smoother than a solid one.
Could that be why mathews uses such a design??[8D]
Old 07-12-2005, 02:53 PM

Beacause the white one is pure virgin teflon and will slide even when wet. and #2 probably the most important reason the white one pulls the cables over a little more than the stock one but not too much. The black one pulls them over too much and I think if I remember correctly the reddish brown one doesn't pull them over enough.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:09 PM

Here is the White 3D Hicks slide compared to the stock bowtech slide on my Old Glory

Old 07-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the Allegiance that I own I notice that the most forward part of the slide is in the front versus what PA Hardwoods shows in his pic (and the pics in the owners manual). I never paid any attention to it before. Yes the little "loop hole" to tie a fall awayto is on the bottom of the slide when it is in the position I described. If I turn it over and put the most forward slot in the rear the cables rub.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:47 PM

Antler I got a very early model Old Glory. Bowtech switched the cable slide and how the cables crossed a little later. I can't remember why though, maybe some one can help me on this one.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Cable Slide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.