Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hostage Pro

Old 05-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Default Hostage Pro

After a two plus month back order from Keystone Country Store, I received my Hostage Pro to day. I was excited to say the least and the packaging looked fantastic. As I was assembling the rest I found that the screw that attaches the ring to the arm was the wrong size. The threads would touch, but there was no bite. I thought that maybe there was a problem with that screw, so I swapped it with the one that holds the arm to the bracket. There was no change. The suspected bad screw threaded right into the bracket, while the known good screw once again didn't fit. Like most of us who have been shooting archery for several years, I have a good size selection of misc. archery hardware. Nothing worked. I even resorted to the back up misc. hardware bin in my garage with no luck. All
I can figure is the hoe was milled just the smallest amount over. It is such an odd size that I can’t find anything that will fit. I called Nick with Bowtech customer service, and I have a new arm on the way. As I expected Bowtech was quick to right the wrong, but talk about frustration. I guess after close to three months of waiting one more week won't kill me, although it feels like it might.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hostage Pro

I have spoken with Nick before as have a few of my customers.... nothing but praise for him... issues always resolved fast.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:24 PM

Seemed like a good guy, and he was quick to help.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope it work out good for you!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

NM, sorry about the luck, but sounds like Nick is going to take care of it. A buddy of mine picked on up last night at Bass Pro and let me tell you, it really is a fantastic rest. I have the original I've been shooting for the past month and really like it, but it didn't hold my arrow very snug. The pro and the adjustable bristles are a great upgrade. The rest is very easy to set up and outstanding performance. I just put on a limbdriver on my bow or it would definitely be my next rest. So, on the bright side, you made a good purchase, just got to wait a bit more. Enjoy and let us know what you think about it.

Kelly
Old 05-31-2008, 01:51 AM

Thanks guys. I'm sure I will like the rest a lot once it is functional. I have been shooting a TT Shaky hunter for about two years now and I am just tired of all the mechanics. I am ready for the simple life once again. I'm sure Nick has what I need in the mail. I think I really just needed to vent. I can be a bit impatient under certain situations. Like a lot of others awaiting Octane products, I had been checking the status of my back order almost every day until it shipped. Only a few more days and I can rest at ease (no pun intended).