Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Zero Effect Problems- >

Zero Effect Problems-

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Zero Effect Problems-

Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 PM

Default Zero Effect Problems-

I shoot a Switchback and have the Muzzy Zero Effect Rest. I'm having clearance issues, my left fletching is contacting my rest. I have made every adjustment I can think of but there may be another. If anyone can help me resolve this issue please respond. Your opinion will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Zero Effect Problems-

i had the same rest on an 05'' switchback and mine worked excellent,and to be honest with ya if the muzzy would work on the x force thats what i would be using but it will not work on it,are you shooting your cock feather down.or 2 did ya laser tune the rest,you can eye ball it but i laser tune all mine for proper alignment or 3 your rest is not properly tuned and not getting out of the way quick enough thats actually a pretty simple rest to set up if ya got a dvd with it watch the video,thats an excellent rest there quiet and unfailable unless something breaks,i have hear of people having tuning problems but not mechanical problems with that rest i'm sure it is something simple that can be cured,if you do not have the dvd with it i am pretty sure Mark Land has an instruction video on line that could help ya from muzzy i have had the same rest on two mathews and one bowtech and i really liked the rest,i shoot a limbdriver on my x force but on because the muzzy will not work on it ..........Ted
Old 05-30-2008, 06:53 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: lnen#1

I shoot a Switchback and have the Muzzy Zero Effect Rest. I'm having clearance issues, my left fletching is contacting my rest. I have made every adjustment I can think of but there may be another. If anyone can help me resolve this issue please respond. Your opinion will be greatly appreciated.
Try to experiement with making it drop faster. Where does it start dropping now? Within 3" after release? Or more?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

If it just barey touch the rest, just sand/shave the hook. That's what I did to mine.