Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

zero effect Help

Old 07-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Spike

Default zero effect Help

I put a zero effect rest on my Hoyt Vectrix, but I cannot make the rest drop fast enough to clear the cock vane on my arrow. I have watched the video that came with the rest and I think I have done everything they say to do. Has anyone had this problem? How can I fix this? Any help would be great.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: zero effect Help

First thing that comes to mind for a simple quick fix: index your nocks so that the cock vane is not sticking straight down, but up; in other words, turn it so that your two other vanes are sticking down at a 45-degree angle and this may be enough to give you the clearance you're looking for.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Spike

I tried this but then the other two vanes hit. Thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hmm now ya got me nervous..Put on a M0E and haven't got to shoot yet..Better try and fling some tonight..

Mines on an Allegiance.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

gr8, mine worked absolutely perfect on my '06 Ally, as well as my current '07. I don't have any experience setting one up on a Hoyt, however.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

I was talking to owner of thearchery shop I visit and he mentioned they have a hard time getting clearance on a Hoyt setup. However, he did say it could be done with some real fine-tuning. Maybe the shopwhere you bought it could adjust it for you.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:21 PM

Why would it be differant on a Hoyt? Would it not work the same or does it have something to do with the arm going around the TEC riser? I ask because I want to put one on my new bow once I buy it (it willprobably bea hoyt).
Old 07-30-2007, 06:23 PM
bigcountry

I had a hard time on my bowtech liberty. But real easy on older long ATA bows. I finally worked it out. Keep playing.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Liberty may have been like today's Black Ice (I'm thinking of the similiar geometry)... In that case, you have to cross the cables above the guard when using the MZE.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Liberty may have been like today's Black Ice (I'm thinking of the similiar geometry)... In that case, you have to cross the cables above the guard when using the MZE
I'll debate that one with ya Greg

I have one on my BI and it works perfect with the cables crossed below[8D]

Quick Reply: zero effect Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.