Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

zero effect

Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 PM

Default zero effect

i have been looking at a muzzy zero effect and from what i hear drop aways are the real deal. i want to make the switch but wanted to get some reviews/input on the topic.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: zero effect

I just put azero effect next generation on my hoyt razortec. It was a breeze to set up and adjust. Be sure to get the correct model for your particular bow, i.e. hoyt tec model, mathews model, or parallel limb model. For more specifics on the rest, search this forum for the review that was done on the zero effect by Greg / MO. It really explains how good the rest is. By the way, they are super cheap at http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/2,396.html($50 - $55) and they only charge $2.00 for shipping.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a muzzy on my Patriot Dually and it was very easy to set up and definately is 1 of the best on the market . You won't go wrong with the Muzzy.

nubo
Old 07-26-2007, 08:35 AM
bigcountry

I have had MZE for about 7 years on two different bows. What I find,is they require some maintance. The arm cannot be tight. You want it to start dropping within 1-2" of release. I think there is some delay in drop is the reason. If you shoot alot, two or three times a year, you need to take off the cable harness and clean out the wax and residue.

I hate the way it looks, but what keeps me coming back is its function for stalking or pig hunting. You can pull back and always count on it not falling off the rest. Its kinda like the wisker bisket without the problems of a wisker bisket.

Saying all that, I will probably be going to a NAP drop away on my guardian I get soon.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Mark, can you elaborate on what you mean by the "arm cannot be tight"...? I must be missing something here.

Wait... You're talking about the nut which holds down the arm can't be overtightened. Never mind.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:36 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Hey Mark, can you elaborate on what you mean by the "arm cannot be tight"...? I must be missing something here.

Wait... You're talking about the nut which holds down the arm can't be overtightened. Never mind.
Yep, thats it. I have had mine fall out cause I keep it loose. I noticed on the newer MZE, there is a sleeve that comes out and keeps you from overtighening however. (I think)

Old 07-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's supposed to be snugged down to the point that the arm just falls when you let it go, but not so much that it swings at the bottom of the movement. The nut itself shouldn't be able to back off, as it's one of those with that plastic locking insert inside. Too much looser than that, and you'll get a rattle upon the shot -- and that's defeating one of the purposes of this rest, which I still think is the quietest on the market, in my opinion.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

I chose a Muzzy ZE for my Diamond Liberty and had it installed by the bow shop. Well, it ruined my cock vanes right away and the bow was noisey (a Liberty?) Brought it back a couple of times. Still a problem.

Well I am not a bow smith and I am new to high tech archery but I am sort of mechanically inclined so I re-read Gregs previous post regarding this rest, watched the DVD that comes with the rest and... duh......it works perfectly now.

I know, I know...find a new bow shop.

I like the rest a lot.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The MZE for the Mathews is an awesome rest and one of the quietest and quickest to set up rests you'll find. I also love the Matews version design better than the other models with the linkage.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations, Old/New... Seriously. I always have such a sense of accomplishment and pride any time I'm able to figure out anything about tinkering with my own bows that saves me from having to go to a shop... I don't think I've been to one in a couple years now.