Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String supressors?? >

String supressors??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String supressors??

Old 06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String supressors??

I removed the string leeches from my Extreme...not by choice...the meanv puts the brakes on string travel and makes for fast arrow separation from string! The sts's systems make string attachments sorta danderous to me,might be ok with cat whiskers though.The meanv makes the Black Ice pretty silent far as I can tell.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Quakklz

Dan,

I appreciate your quick responses &enlightening information. I see on your sight you need measurements for the rear bushing mounted Mean V. Do you need measurements for the front mounted suppressors, as it looks as thought they are adjustable? Also, you mentioned extra cost for the APG HD camo. I am interested.... how much more?

Quakklz
No measurement needed on the Front Mounts. Custom Camo dipped are$14 extra. The only downside is a longer turn around, but we are happy to do whatever color you prefer.

Dan
Old 06-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Quakklz

Dan,

I appreciate your quick responses &enlightening information. I see on your sight you need measurements for the rear bushing mounted Mean V. Do you need measurements for the front mounted suppressors, as it looks as thought they are adjustable? Also, you mentioned extra cost for the APG HD camo. I am interested.... how much more?

Quakklz
No measurement needed on the Front Mounts. Custom Camo dipped are$14 extra. The only downside is a longer turn around, but we are happy to do whatever color you prefer.

Dan
Sooooo worth the money and the extra time is minimal for what you are getting. Great product from a great producer.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Spike

Daaang! Looks sweet bowtechben. If it works as good.... I am sold. Dan, you've got mail!

Quakklz
Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

You won't be disappointed.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

question about the sts : i can see how it would make it more silent, however how does it improve on accuracy? if by the time the string hits the rubber stopper - the arrow is already gone off of the string and therefore is free flying and not in contact with the bow anymore I cannot visualize how it improves accuracy?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Watch slow motion video. The Arrow is not off the string at BH without a Suppressor. Some claim that the arrow leaves the string at the same point every time with a suppressor installed making the shot more consistent.

Not so without one!

Dan
Old 06-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

do you happen to know of a link showing the slow motion of an arrow with and without a suppressor?

you say it yourself "Some claim that the arrow leaves the string at the same point every time with a suppressor installed making the shot more consistent"... I am not trying to down the product as the silencing capabilities is more then enough to put it on any bow, but saying or "claiming" it improves accuracy just has me thinkin.

I need to see it for some reason. I can't see how a string traveling at the speed wouldn't release the arrow at the same point (or very very close to the same point) every time. Assuming everything else on the bow stays the same. The difference in very close to very very close shouldn't play a role in bad arrow flight.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Watch slow motion video. The Arrow is not off the string at BH without a Suppressor. Some claim that the arrow leaves the string at the same point every time with a suppressor installed making the shot more consistent.

Not so without one!

Dan

I agree. The STS has the potential for providing more consistancy therefore better acuracy though that is probably difficult to measure.

Some also say since the string does not stay with the arrow as long it could help with any "blip" you make. The down side is because of the same reason you could lose a tad bit of speed (though some say they measured and foundno appreciable difference).
Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Old/New

Not so without one!

Dan

I agree. The STS has the potential for providing more consistancy therefore better acuracy though that is probably difficult to measure.

Some also say since the string does not stay with the arrow as long it could help with any "blip" you make. The down side is because of the same reason you could lose a tad bit of speed (though some say they measured and foundno appreciable difference).
this could make since, but are there any slow motion videos showing the two?

Quick Reply: String supressors??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.