Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fuse Bow Strings?? >

Fuse Bow Strings??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fuse Bow Strings??

Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Spike

Default Fuse Bow Strings??

I shoot a Reflex Ridgeline & it came from them w/ Fuse strings & cables. I absolutely love this bow! It is plenty fast, has a solid back wall,& drives my arrows deep into targets accurately. However, I have a problem w/ my Jim Fletcher peep sight alignment. It just will not train to stay aligned. I can twist the string beforeI shoot, but I have to do it before every shot & I have over 300 arrows thru this bow. I shoot a string loop as well. I talked to the "Archery," guy @ Sportsman's Warehouse & he made it sound likeI need a new string. I doubt it myself. He started spouting about Fuse strings & he did not know what kind of material itwas made of & this that & the other.....(I think he just wanted to sell me a new string). All of this aside, I just wondered if anyone knows if these are good strings, if a decent Pro Shop could realign my peep, or ifI should justgo back to a familiar peep like the Shurz a Peep?Any thoughts on any of this is appreciated.Thanx.

Quack, quack... BOOM!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:38 AM

Default RE: Fuse Bow Strings??

I can tell you that pre-2008, Fuse Strings weren't very good. They have improved dramatically this year though. Finally.

What has most likely happened is your string has stretched a bit, which is normal. Before I went crazy and bought new strings, take it to a good pro shop and see if they can train it. They may be able to add a twist or work some other magic.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, fuse strings have come along way and i would say they are pretty dang good now. I have them on my bow and I had to adjust mine after shooting it a bit. Just relaxed the string and realigned. Didn't hardlymove muchthough, maybe just a hair.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Im not a big fan of fuse strings and would not buy one. But a good pro shop should be able to help you. I would still put some more arrows through it then get it fixed.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Quakklz I own a Ridgeline 34 and had trouble with the string and cables. Fuse uses Brownell D75. Brownell put out some bad string when they were updating there string making process last year. Myself I would switch them out as I did mine. Brian Visco of Viscosity Strings puts out a great product for a good price
he uses BCY material. The cables I would go with 452x and the string I would go with 8125 it makes for a good combination. Good luck