Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 question for a test on shooting techniques for archery >

question for a test on shooting techniques for archery

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

question for a test on shooting techniques for archery

Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Default question for a test on shooting techniques for archery

Hey I just joined an archery class, and I have an upcoming archery exam coming up. Does anybody know the answers to these questions? Thank you very much for your help!

1) How do you know your drawing elbow is at the correct height? How does it affect your anchor? Affect your release and follow-through/muscle use?
2) How does your bow arm remain up with back tension as opposed to using arm muscles to hold it up?
3) Why keep your feet parallel?
4) Why keep your draw hand flat/relaxed? Does it affect your anchor?
5) Formaster – Why is it important to be in-line? What does it mean to be in-line? How do the forces align with your body? What are some ways you can check that you are in-line?
6) Why keep your shoulders down?
7) Why is an arched back bad? Where should your center of gravity be?
8) Why is turning your bow elbow correctly important?
9) How would the angle of your draw hand affect the release?
10) Mechanics of the release follow-through – how can you get your hand to follow your neck during the follow-through and not fly out? Does it matter if you rotate with your shoulder rather than scapulae?
11) Why pre-draw?

Thanks again![/align]
Old 04-12-2008, 06:32 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: question for a test on shooting techniques for archery

ORIGINAL: enterthedragon

Hey I just joined an archery class, and I have an upcoming archery exam coming up. Does anybody know the answers to these questions? Thank you very much for your help!

1) How do you know your drawing elbow is at the correct height? How does it affect your anchor? Affect your release and follow-through/muscle use?
Well, depends where you anchor, but the elbow has to be parrallel with the arrow. Many different draw techniques like 3under, split, and string walking, etc.

2) How does your bow arm remain up with back tension as opposed to using arm muscles to hold it up?
You need to be pushing with your back, and release with a push/pull motion.

3) Why keep your feet parallel?
Depends on your stance. It can be open or closed. Most traditional barebow shooters will have thier feet parallel. You are the most stable in that position. Alot of compound shooters will have a different stance, more closed

4) Why keep your draw hand flat/relaxed? Does it affect your anchor?
Your back is much stronger than your arm muscles, and much more stable, and the draw arm should be basically a hook. As far as anchor, no it does not IMO if your draw hand is relaxed.

5) Formaster – Why is it important to be in-line? What does it mean to be in-line? How do the forces align with your body? What are some ways you can check that you are in-line?
Imagine your shoulders are parallel with the arrow. Do you feel your draw arm to be limb and feel your back tensing?

6) Why keep your shoulders down?
After the shot, the bow should not have moved which will throw off your shot, if your shoulders are scruched up, you will move the bow at the shot.

7) Why is an arched back bad? Where should your center of gravity be?
Your off center and unstable. Center should be your tummy. Breath thru your belly like singers do.

8) Why is turning your bow elbow correctly important?
9) How would the angle of your draw hand affect the release?
10) Mechanics of the release follow-through – how can you get your hand to follow your neck during the follow-through and not fly out? Does it matter if you rotate with your shoulder rather than scapulae?
I keep imagining all the wieght of the draw on my back, but I keep pulling the elbow back, keep concentrating on pulling that elbow back. Relax the back of your hand, and follow thru should come.

11) Why pre-draw?

Thanks again!
[/align]
I don't, but I shoot traditional. Alot of target archers will let down 1 out of every 4 shots to evaluate thier form.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

You better start studying if these are the ones your having trouble with.

Interesting name "Dzhang San", what school are you in?

Who said you don't use your arm muscles in your bow arm? It would colapes if you didn't, kind of like falling asleep standing up. Sounds like your teacher has a superiority complex. None of that matters, just tell him what he tells you and you'll do well.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

11) Why pre-draw?

Thanks again!

[/align]

I don't, but I shoot traditional. Alot of target archers will let down 1 out of every 4 shots to evaluate thier form.

And some to check range.