Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech 07 Commander ATA and BH

Old 04-07-2008, 09:16 AM
bigcountry

Default bowtech 07 Commander ATA and BH

Lets say your BH is supposed to be 7.5", and your at 7 5/8". Would you care? Or your .3" over your ATA? Where do you guys make your ATA measurements? from the middle of the axle to the middle of the other one? (Thats the way I do it.)

I generally never get worked up over 1/4" or less, until it affects my draw weight.

I was measuring my commadner this weekend, and it maxed out at 68#. used to be 70#. So looked at ATA and it was 37.5", and should be 37.25"(middle of axle to middle of axle) and BH was 7 5/8". Which doesn't make sense why I lost 2lbs, since longer ATA from string streatch would mean lower BH. Am I thinking right? I think I might tighten my cables a tad.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech 07 Commander ATA and BH

I have 2 commanders and the ATA on both is 37.25 but the BH on both is 7.75 ( hair less actually). The DW's seem (my scale aint great)to be maxed at 60# and 70# when I have them maxed. I think with string stretch the cams may rotate a bit and actually increase the BH though, at least it seems that way to me. I would try just adding a twist or two to my string first before adjusting the cables.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
bigcountry

Thought the rule was lengthen the string, increase draw, lengthen cables decrease draw weight? If I decrease string length, I just lost pounds right? Maybe I am wrong.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I don't know the rule. I was just looking at my cams and if the string were to get longer(stretch) the cam would rotate in a fashion that would move the string away from the bow (increase BH) and the ATA would increase. So, in my mind, I would shorten the string to get the proper ATA and then check the BH and DW. If it didn't work then you can always put it back to the way it was and try adjusting the cables.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:50 AM
bigcountry

Any of the bowtech staff guys know the answer? Or have an opinion?