Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How this look?

Old 04-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How this look?

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

If you don't mind me asking what's the advantage in adding that much weight?
Better stability which leads to better arrow flight, more penetration, less wind drift, more momentium down range not to mention the arrow will absorb more of the bows power that would have been transfeered through the limbs into the riser causing vibration/hand shock andthe bow will bequiter.

I am sure I forgot a couple of things but I think you get the drift
More stupid questions. What's the difference between adding weight versus using a heavier arrow? Are you just adding the weight so that you don't have to buy more arrows or do they perform better with the weight? Does it shoot any flatter or penetrate deeper than a heavier shaft that has the same total weight? I know that my bow is slow to start with, 245 fps with 370 grain arrows butwhen I use arrows that weigh just 50 grains more I can really see them slow down considerably and they hit 4-5 inches lower at 30 yards.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep it up Rev between you and centaur I'm just cracking up![:@]You noticed I happened to have forgot the camera while you were roping my arrow? But I do have one incrimanting photo of you and Ausie! I was shooting at 60 yards when that faux pas happened...man those things carry along way! Hey Centaur if you find some Hello Kitty wraps I'd put them on...pink vanes,pink/purple string,Hello Kitty wraps...I'd have to pay someone to shoot with me!Here's what I was aiming at when the arrow to hard downward turn!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the other two archers...doing better than I was doing...obviously,they didn't shank one as bad! Hold it The Rev did shank one now I think about it! The Rev is the older gent wearing the Guido jogging suit,the other charactor is arrow builder and advice giver 1st class Ausi Guy!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The weight out on the end is different than weight over full length! After the release and flight is attained think of it like a chain...easier to pull a chain than push it,maybe slower but the weight forward or any heavy projectile maintains speed better over distance than lite and fast!I deal with firearms more than bows and I learned this recently...same principle to both,thanks to Ausie I'm learning this!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

The weight out on the end is different than weight over full length! After the release and flight is attained think of it like a chain...easier to pull a chain than push it,maybe slower but the weight forward or any heavy projectile maintains speed better over distance than lite and fast!I deal with firearms more than bows and I learned this recently...same principle to both,thanks to Ausie I'm learning this!
You got my curiousity up, I'm going to try some 125 grain tips and see what happens.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Centaur.

If your using 100gr points now going to 125gr point you will probably not see a difference.

The arrows I made up for RowellIdesigned themfor the 100gr brass insert and 125gr headso the spine was perfect.

Plus I dare say your current arrows are alreadyon the weak side spine wise.

You wont see a big difference untill you get the FOC above 19%
Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM

where do you buy 100gr brass inserts from or were they custom made for you,as I would'nt mine buying some for myself.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

www.3riversarchery.com
Old 04-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering about the spine of my arrows. I don't have a scale so I don't know what poundage I'm actually pulling, I'm halfway backed out so I assume it's about 65#. The Gold Tip chart puts me right in the middle of the 400spine range. My arrows seem to wobble slightly when I shoot but they hit where I aim. I started fletching with four blazers and it seemed to straighten out the wobble.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice fletching color choice! Mine are the same except 2 white 1 pink. Fletched hard right helical. They shoot very well. My arrows weigh about 402 grains. And my bow should be spitting those you at about 270 fps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.