Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Difference between Hoyt and Reflex >

Difference between Hoyt and Reflex

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Difference between Hoyt and Reflex

Old 03-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Difference between Hoyt and Reflex

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

Thats true Roskoe I think the Hoyt limbs may be a little tougher but i could be wrong. I have never seen a Reflex limb crack though i am sure they have. Between my brother, his friend, two of my friends and myself we own a Buckskin(mine), a Superslam, a Highlander, a Timberwolf and anExcursion. Maybe a Ridgline 34 or a Charger soon. I can't seem to find the 34 anywhere i see alot of 32's but not the 34's.
I bought my Trykon XL(used) after fruitless searches for a used Reflex Ridgeline34 for a decent price. I think the problem with finding them is that guys who are economically minded buy them, then don't sell them, as often as guys who are buying a new bow every year. And it seems that guys who ARE buying a new bow every year seem to be buying the "top-shelf" brands.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

reflex is a knock-off of hoyt, just like mission/matthews, and diamond/bowtech
Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

OHbowhntr, that could be one of the reasons we can't seem to find one. I shot one but didn't have the money at the time, then when i got the money together i couldn't find one. So i still have my Buckskin which still gets the job done.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

bbran, i did shoot the Charger at Cabela's a few weeks ago and can say that it is the nicest shooting reflex i have shot!! I really ike the rear mouted STS helps the noise quite a bit! Still has a nice draw with very little valley and a good back wall. They did jump the IBO up on this bow which was a good move to keep up with the market. My first shot went exactly where i was looking with out a sight and the next two fallowed suit. All in all a good bow for a decent price. I do feel that Reflex has been trying to break their economy bow image with in the last two years.