Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt VS. Reflex

Old 05-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hoyt VS. Reflex

I know they are the same company but is there a difference.As some of you might know I am a Hoyt fan and have been shopping for a new bow for a while now. There are soo many choices to choose from that I can't make up my mind.I was just looking at the Reflex bows in the Cabelas catalog. They look identical to the V tec. It is alot cheaper and they have it set up with the S Coil,Whisker Bisquit,copper john sight and Bohning quiver. I might go with that. Is there a difference in Hoyt and Reflex. Is the Super Slam the same bow as the V tec??
Old 05-24-2005, 04:53 AM

Default RE: Hoyt VS. Reflex

I shoot a Reflex and love it. And they are quite a bit cheaper than Hoyt. It is my understanding that Hoyt manufactured Reflex specifically for the hunting industry, while Hoyt was for competition. I think they realized the market for bows in the hunting industry was tremendous so they brought Hoyt bows over as well. Both good bows though.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reflex are great bows--that BUCKSKIN looks very tempting to me!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:38 AM

I bought the Buckskin back in February. It's a nice little bow. The ATA is short, without being too short, the brace height is forgiving, and it weighs less than 4 pounds without anything on it. Only "drawback" is it doesn't have the space age looks of the other Reflex and Hoyt bows. I suppose the deer won't mind though.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I believe Reflex produces the older products of Hoyt with a different name, once hoyt quits making them. Or at least I think so.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:59 AM

The Buckskin is what I also shoot. I love it, it has a great feel to it!!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:31 AM

If I were buying a new bow today, it would probably be the reflex..... It's the same bow!! Just fewer bells and whistles......
Old 05-24-2005, 09:37 AM

I just bought a Vtec 2 days ago. I have to say that it was expensive but I won't buy another bow for a long time. It shoots oh so sweet. I installed a trophy taker rest, and fuse quiver, with gold tip pro hunter arrows, also the new limb saver stabilizer.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are not just old hoyts, they use the same TEC and cam 1/2 technology but get the less expensive limbs and risers.

They are both good bows, I would not hesitate to shoot a reflex.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:58 PM

Hoyt has laminated limbs, Reflex doesn't.

High end reflex has magnesium risers. Lower ends reflex doesn't.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a Reflex, Hoyts are WAY too high for me.

It's 20 % good average bow, 80% Hunter (practice and perserverance).

Quick Reply: Hoyt VS. Reflex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.