Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Sight Problem???? >

Sight Problem????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight Problem????

Old 03-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sight Problem????

My brother got a new sight for his Bowtech Mighty Mite a couple weeks ago and mounted it on his bow today. I am going to describe this the best I can, but the sight is maxed out to the right?? The pins are not inline with his string and rest. The fiber optics are in the way and will not allow him to move the sight over anymore to the right?

This is the Extreme sight that he has? I see they are coming out with a new version this year that the fiber optics wrap to the inside of the sight, to possibly avoid this problem??
I hope someone can understand what I am talking about, the only way to move the sight to the right anymore is to literally smash the fibers?? The rest was is marked and has not moved since it was tuned when put on, so it is not out of line?

Has anyone had this problem????

Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Sight Problem????

I would bet a nickel the bow is set out of centershot. In other words, the arrow is offcenter, to the right. Nock an arrow, and if he has a drop away rest, pull the cable or lock the rest up. Set the bottom cam on your foot, and look down the front of the riser. The arrow should be cutting the limb bolts in half.

This isn't the most precise method, but it will get you VERY close.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right handed bow??? I suppose you could possibly put in some spacers, maybe a vinyl spacer with a rubber grommet on both sides, and see if that helps. Do they make spacers specifically for this purpuse??? Better yet, see if he can find a nice HOYT, that ought to fix the whole problem!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!
Mobow~~I had him do that and he said that it is perfectly center!

Ohio~~ You were actually the closest with buy a hoyt, he called the extreme archery factory and they said they had to change there whole line-up because of Bowtechs risers a few years back .... so see you were trying to be smart but you were actually pretty spot on!! haha

Anyhow they had him put a thicker rubber spacer behind the sight and all is taking care of!

Now if they changed there sights for bowtechs risers then I am guessing he must have something out of tune if it is still out of whack without the rubber???