Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 sight problem or just me? >

sight problem or just me?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sight problem or just me?

Old 07-11-2005, 06:23 PM

Default sight problem or just me?

yesterday i sighted in my cobra slider type sight for my mathews bow and i set my 10,20 and 30 yard pin perfectly and later that afternoon i made sure and i was still shooting a perfect bulls eye every time but i woke up this morning and shot my bow and 40 times and on my 10,20 and 30 yeard shots i was hitting about 5-6 inches high everytime, and the wind wasnt blowing yesterday or today.....im a rookie to bowhunting but please help me out with any advise or tips.

thanks,
jonathan
Old 07-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: sight problem or just me?

I'd almost think that something's come lose or you've missed when tightening thing's up .Double check everthing again.

nubo
Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 PM

[quote]was hitting about 5-6 inches high everytime,[quote]
you can check the bow, hope you measured everything. for example on my bow my kisser is 1.25 inches up from the top knot on the D loop, my peep is five inches up from the knot. Axel to Axel is 35 inches, brace height is 7.25 inches, I can measure and see if anything has changed. If not then....
when I shoot high or low it is usually because I haven't kept the peep to sight alignment correct.

gets back to getting consistant form from day to day, doesn't feel like anything is different but chances are there is. It's taken me a long time to get the form right on the first arrow through the last. Still doesn't happen every day though.. But it's close..
Old 07-11-2005, 09:34 PM

1st off check sight pins to see if they are loose. grab them and wiggle them, see if they move.
2nd check peep sight (if you are using one) to see if it slid down/up.
3rd make darn good and sure that you are using the same anchor point when you draw. that was my problem when i switched from fingers to release. make sure you keep it at the EXACT same anchor point.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since your a newbie. You may not be anchoring the same. Are you sure you didn't anchor lower the next day? But I would say its probably the bow. Something may have come lose. If nothing is wrong with the bow, I would check your anchor.