Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sight problem

Old 03-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default sight problem

i was just wondering if sights can just move on their own? i bought a new one, sighted in and was shooting bullseyes left and right. then a few days of that then all of a sudden my arrows started shootin high and left and i shot and shot and they all kept going like that, so then i resighted it in. basically i was just wondering whats going on.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Default RE: sight problem

Sometimes things can shift. Check to make sure everything is tight on your sight and rest when stuff like this happens. Could also be your string stretching or something.

It could also very easily be you. Having an inconsistant anchor point or grip will effect your impact points greatly sometimes.

Could have also been your nocking point on your string moved.

Paul
Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 PM

Like Paul said, could be a lot of things. First thing I'd check is the serving on the string to make sure it didn't break or slip, then the rest, then the sight. That's assuming that it's not you because of inconsistant form issues.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you put some white out on your rest/sights to mark where they are set it will make it very easy to tell if something shifted on you.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you find out that you may be half peeping, it may be beneficial to size your peep so that you can center the whole sight housing.

I had this same issue a couple of weeks ago at an indoor marked yardage tournament. I could not center the housing because of the lighting. It messed with me all day, I painted the lens ring and had no problems the following weekend down in Nevada with centering as I painted the ring. Just a little can mean being a couple of yards off.

I have experimented with half peeping on pins to get my in between yardages and know the effect it can have when your are not centered.....

Try centering the housing on every shot and see what happens......
Old 03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

You would be suprised at the little things that will mess with your sights. Any little thing can screw them up. Once when I was waxing my string I moved the silencers on the string and the cable and was off like 6" after that. I have had things come lose on me when shooting. So now when I start shooting bad I stop and take a look at all the scews and give everything a push to see if it is tight.