Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Ripcord users please help >

Ripcord users please help

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ripcord users please help

Old 02-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ripcord users please help

I noticed today that when I thumb the restto the up position then pull on the cord to release it, there is a clicking noise. It happensright as I'm pulling the cord. On top of that, the rest actually springs forward about 1/16 inch when I pull(not release)the cord.

Could you try this on yours and tell me if it does the same thing? Thanks.

Also, ifI thumb it to the up position then nock an arrow and draw the bow, it does the same thing. There is a click immediately followed by the rest springing forward about 1/16 inch. What's going on? Is this normal? I've never noticed it before.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Ripcord users please help

I haven't had a Ripcord in a couple yearsbut Ican't remember any click noises. The only thing I did notice with the Ripcord was when drawing from the unlocked(down) position my arrow was alot quieter than if I cocked it and then drew the bow.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 PM
bigcountry

I have a ripcord, and I hear a click when cocking it which is normal. But if I manually pull on the cord to let it down, no click. Also, not sure what you mean by jumping forward.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:13 PM

I havenotnoticedjumping or the clickingthat you are talking about either. Might want to have it loked at.

Also, add a little bit of felt to the fork and it will be silent when drawing from the cocked position. You will have to adjust your pins though.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have a ripcord, and I hear a click when cocking it which is normal. But if I manually pull on the cord to let it down, no click. Also, not sure what you mean by jumping forward.
TheV that the arrow actually rests on will jump forward in the direction of the target about 1/16 inch when I have it thumbed in the up position then go to manually pull on the cord to let it down. It is at that very moment that I pull on the cord that the click and jumping occurs. Actualy, the clicking is really not a solid click, it's half way between a click and a creek. It's almost as if there is some play in the mechanism somewhere and pulling the cord releases the spring loaded rest which then takes up that little bit of play.

thanks guys.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Spike

just call rip cord 406-683-0100 they will help you
Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

UPDATE:

finally got around to calling Ripcord. Apparently this is the case with all Ripcord rests. I talked directly with them today and they said every single last one does this. The severity of the forward jerk is dependent upon how worn some brass internal component is. They were willing to replace this component if I sent the rest in. I like that at least.

I guess the guys who've posted saying their's doesn't do this either have relatively new rests or aren't understand what I'm saying is happenning. But that's probably my description at fault.