Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD VS. RIPCORD

Old 03-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default QAD VS. RIPCORD

I am looking into one of these drop away rests but was wondering what the difference is in the two? I like the design how the arrow cannot fall off the rest. Also I am shooting aluminum arrows with fixed blade broadheads and was wondering if they fly different off a drop away rest. Thanks for any help!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:56 AM

Default RE: QAD VS. RIPCORD

basically the QAD is a simpler, easier to use and alot cheaper replica of the rip cord... i would choose the qad mainly because of the price and i dont beleive that there is any difference in quality.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:16 PM

The QAD has a couple of features that the RipCord does not have.

There is a thumbwheel that allows you to cock the rest with the bow hand.

The other feature is probably the biggest separator. If you go to full draw and need to let down, the QAD remains in the cocked position, while the Ripcord will fall all the way down. This feature prevents the arrow from falling off the rest if you can't take the shot. You get FULL CAPTURE with the QAD.

Both rests have very good reputations and great customer service.

The QAD is less expensive in the Hunter model, but the Pro Series is about the same price as the Ripcord.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bullethole

The QAD has a couple of features that the RipCord does not have.

There is a thumbwheel that allows you to cock the rest with the bow hand.

The other feature is probably the biggest separator. If you go to full draw and need to let down, the QAD remains in the cocked position, while the Ripcord will fall all the way down. This feature prevents the arrow from falling off the rest if you can't take the shot. You get FULL CAPTURE with the QAD.

Both rests have very good reputations and great customer service.

The QAD is less expensive in the Hunter model, but the Pro Series is about the same price as the Ripcord.
I just switched from the RipCord to the QAD. The RC I had started to malfunction and stick in the up position which would shear off vanes. Took it back and they let me exchange it. Since they didn't have another RC in stock they talked me into the QAD.

They didn't really have to twist my arm since the overall design is the same. I really like the thumbwheel and the ability to keep the capture rest up on let-down.

The QAD also came with some "goat skin" that covers the rest eliminating any arrow contact noise. I am very happy with the switch.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got a Mathews Switchback XT, and have the RipCord rest on it, not sure if they have different models, but the RipCord I have has thumb lever that will cock the rest up so the arrow can't fall off, also mine came with that mole skin frabric, yes if you let the arrow down from full draw the rest goes down as well