Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 "The Truth" Bow Set-Up >

"The Truth" Bow Set-Up

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

"The Truth" Bow Set-Up

Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default "The Truth" Bow Set-Up

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I have aquired a Bear "The Truth" Bow. I have read some reviews and just wanted to know from the hunters in here. What are the arrows that are producing the best results with this bow? I'm looking to put a new siteon the bow as well. I was also thinking about putting a WB on It too. Any intel/ comments that you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care.

VA
Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: "The Truth" Bow Set-Up

Hey VA, I also have the Truth (not the Truth 2, so I hope that isn't what you mean). To be honest I have been using the same 400 grain Easton arrows I used in my old bow and it has shot them just fine. I have yet to shoot them with a broadhead however but I don't imagine it being an issue. I also have a WB on it, in part because that is what I already had, but mostly because at this point I doubt I will shoot another rest. Something about the simplicity of the WB and the fact I will never have to worry about an arrow falling off. The biggest adjustment I had to make when switching to the Truth was the grip. The first few times I shot it i slammed my forearm with the string. I had to really rotate my bow hand to get the clearance I needed. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but only because it wasn't what I was used to. Now it is becoming second nature and I no longer have problems with clearance. I haven't had a chance to see how many fps my set up is getting (its at 66#), but I only shoot one pin and from 0 to 30 yards I can hold dead on and be on target, so its plenty fast. Haha I don't know if any of these comments are helpful, I just love to talk about my bow, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Good luck with her!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Truth set up with a WB and apex atomicsingle pin sight shooting CX 6075 30.75 inch arrows. Arrows are about.75 inches longer than they should be just to give me a nice safe feeling when your fully drawn back and the broadhead is sitting next to your hand.Draw weight is 61 lbs on a 60 lb bow andDL is 29.5. Best thing I ever did was get a string suppressor on it(I think its a norway brand)which took a quiet bow and made it silent. The only thing you hear now arethe strings moving through the air and the arrow hitting the target.Only problem I had was the serving on the cable wearing away near the camwhich I have since fixed. Feels great in my hand. Hope it helps.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have an 07 the truth, i love it.
i have 29" cabelas carbon hunter arrows with a 3 blade rage
a trophy ridge matrix guide series 5 pin sight
a whisker buiscut qs
and an s-coil stabilizer

i love the bow, very quiet and fast shooting, and accurate
Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gmil6184

The biggest adjustment I had to make when switching to the Truth was the grip. The first few times I shot it i slammed my forearm with the string. I had to really rotate my bow hand to get the clearance I needed. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but only because it wasn't what I was used to. Now it is becoming second nature and I no longer have problems with clearance.
I have the '07 model, the guy at the sporting good store just wanted to get rid of it. I bought it NIB for $200. I couldn't pass it up. Thank you everyone for all of the comments. Excuse me if I sound naive here as I have never shot this bow. Is slapping your forearm common with this bow? I thought that slapping your forearm was an indication of an incorrect draw length. Now I think all I have to do is decide which arrows I'm getting.I might have to try out a string suppressor. I'll keep my eye out for the servingon the cable wearing away as well.Once again thanks all.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is interesting....
Iam thinking of buying the 08 Truth and setting it up for 3-D..29" draw...66lb
Rest....WB.
Arrows I will go with Easton 340 Light Speed cut at 29".......285.5gr fletched w/nock...386gr with 100grFP.
D-Loop
wriststrap
stabalizer..Limb Saver...

Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

First of all VA you got yourself one hell of a steal! Yes you are correct that slapping your forearm can be from a draw length being too long, but I shooting the same draw length as my old bow so I don't think that's it. The Truth has a much more narrow grip then my old bow so maybe that has something to do with it...but like I said, it was just a matter of making a minor adjustment to my form and now I have no problems.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Spike

VA, I agree, you got a great bow. If is the original Truth you will want to get the factory strings and cables off ASAP. The bottom cam tolerance is too tight and pushes the serving out. Can damage the cables as well. COntact Giblet and put on Bucknastsy Strings and that will take care of the bows only real problem. I put on an STS, Copper John sight, G5 peep, and a Quicktune rest. Love it!! I will probably change rests this year.

Good Luck!

Mack34