Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 draw length too long? >

draw length too long?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

draw length too long?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default draw length too long?

well after W.Hunters post, Kellers post and PA's post...i thought it may really benefit me posting a pic and letting some of the "elders" help me out and give me there input....so let me know what you guys think?
thanks,
josh

Old 01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: draw length too long?

I would say maybe not the draw but I would try a shorter release.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:01 PM

It appears that you are leaning your head foward to see through your peep. Leave your head in a nuetral position (straight up), close your eyes, draw the bow with your nose touching the string. open your eyes, then you will probably be looking at the top of or over your peep so it will have to be raised. I agree your release may also be a little long, but get the peep set right first.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you ever have string slap?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM

Just took a second look at your picture, 2nd thought is your release isn't to long, it looks like you don't have it tight a round your wrist and it is riding in your palm, tighten up the strap. One other thing you might want to do is not draw your bow without an arrow in it, dryfires suck.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 AM

I don't know why but it bothers me to see people pull their bow back without their finger behind the trigger on their release. Regardless if there is an arrow or not. Just kind of a safety thing for me i guess. I usually leave my finger behind the trigger untill I am at full draw and aiming at what i want to shoot. That way there is less of a chance of accidental fire.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

I would say maybe not the draw but I would try a shorter release.
I agree, some releases shorten and some dont, if yours dosnt your can still shorten it.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 AM

I am no elder or a pro but I have been reading up alot on form and from what I see(and mentioned by others)is your release is to long, its very hard to squeeze the trigger when your finger is reaching and all you have contact with is the tip of your index. Also you are leaning your head into your string to see through your peep raise the peep and your head and I bet theat the string will be touching the tip of your nose. One other I noticed but but could be wrong but it looks like you have too much meat of your hand on the bow(grip).
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Do you ever have string slap?
no i do not get string slaps... i just feel that in comparing to other peoples pictures or watching others shoot there apex is much closer to the corner of their mouths and mine is way further back on my face....but, as another suggested i have to "raise" my head some to look through the peep and i wonder if that could be causing it??

--do you guys mean my nock loop is too long or that my release is too long??..it is adjustable (primos release)..unfortunately i cannot tighten the release to the next hole...it does not fit around my fat wrist[:@]....

---yes you are right about me "leaning forward" i do have to lean forward some to look through the peep to see the sight...i will have it lowered
Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your release is too long not your loop. The trigger should arrive first and second knuckle where in the picture it is in front of the first knuckle.And i would raise not lower the peep.

Quick Reply: draw length too long?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.