Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 General vs. Guardian >

General vs. Guardian

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

General vs. Guardian

Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM

Default General vs. Guardian

I have posted a similar question but the thread seemed to focus more on the importance of speed than which is the dominant bow. I have narrowed my decision down to either the General or Guardian. What would you choose if you could only have one.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: General vs. Guardian

Take your pick, you won't go wrong with either. The gaurdian is a little longer ATA and a little shorter BH, along with a little bit faster. The general is shorter ATA, longer BH and a little slower but the speed really isn't enough to change how they are going to shoot. IMO the general is the smoothest, most shock free bow I have ever shot, but the gaurdian isn't far behind. This probably isn't the answer your looking for but get out there and shoot both bows and decide which one you feel more comfortable with and like better and thats the one for you. We can all give you our opinions, but only YOU can decide which bow fits you better.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me..smoother is better. Go with the General!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot the Guardian a lot last year and Bowhunted with it 80% of the time. I have been shooting the General now for several weeks and I honestly could not say one shots that much better than the other. General is a tad quieter and has a tad less hand shock, but it is shorter A to A and I prefer the string angle of at least a 33" A to A bow. That said the General has impressed me enough I may be packin it to the DoubleBull to whack some Turkeys!

The Good thing is you really can't make a bad choice as they are both Awesome bows

Dan
Old 01-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

General is a tad quieter and has a tad less hand shock, but it is shorter A to A and I prefer the string angle of at least a 33" A to A bow.
That's about what I've come down to as well. Both are fantastic bows but if I had to choose one and only one between the two, I believe I'd choose the General.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 PM
bigcountry

Hey Rob, do you know why they did away with feature of "no press needed" with the general? That was a huge selling point, at least for me. I see they dont' advertise it anymore on the guardian and commander. Is it still a feature on teh 08's?

Old 01-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

do you know why they did away with feature of "no press needed" with the general?

The General has more prestress in the limbs I believe that is why they will not relax enough. I am assumimg the Limb bolts are the same length, haven't had mine completely out
Old 01-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get an Allegiance if you're set on Bowtech, fast, smooth, andjust asforgiving, yet also a little lighter. It's like marrying a super-model who likes to watch football and drink beer rather that a chubby chick that wants to go to ballet and broadway shows and drink champagne. I like my HOYT's, but if I found one at the right price, I'd gladly shoot a BowTech Allegiance.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob and Dan, Which of thetwo draws easier?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Rob and Dan, Which of thetwo draws easier?
Mine are both 60# bows. I would not let the Draw decide which one I bought. The General seems to start off easier but has a harder hump at the end. My Guardian builds faster but goes over the hump in one smooth motion. The speed difference between my 2 bows is only 2 fps. I do have the speed mods on my General. I would say with the Smooth mods it would be considerably smoother.

Dan