Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guardian or General >

Guardian or General

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guardian or General

Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Guardian or General

i have been doing some research for a new bow for a while now, not being able to shoot either one has been a downer though because i go to college and work, and both are full time. what do you think are the comparative advantages and disadvantages of each, Thanks.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guardian or General

If it were me i would get the guardian for the longer ata. But go and shoot them both and decide for yourself. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

well the General is shorter axle to axle and you will not shoot a smoother or Quieter bow. You will get more speed out of the Guardian and this bow will be smooth and quiet just not like the General! You really should try to shoot them 1st to appreciate them!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

I personally picked the Guardian, it just felt better to me. You will have to shoot them to compare they are both great bows. GOOD LUCK!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too picked the guardian over the general as my primary hunting bow. I did place a Mean V suppressor on it and it is as quiet as my general. I got a little more speed with the guardian but overallI just like the way it feels. Confidence is a big factor.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't keep my normal anchors and have the string touch my nose on the General due to the sharper string angle caused by the shorter a-to-a... I too have a MeanV on my Guardian, and I also like the ability to work on that model without a press.

Combine those two factors along with a touch more speed, and I give the nod to the Guardian.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a Guardian last year and cant imagine anything that would be an improvement.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot them both alot and am torn between the two.

The General has a smoother draw cycle and is a little quieter, but a little slower.

The Guradian has a little harsher draw cycle, and is just as quiet with a MeanV.

Basically, for me, its a trade between draw cycle and a few fps...Since im keeping my guardian, i ordered an 82nd. I dont really want twobows that are that similar (the Guardian and theGeneral)
Old 04-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish I thought of that...order a 82nd and ditch the general. On second thought Brian, I might have a General I could let go of.

They are both tremendous bows.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

You just need to shoot them. Just about an hour ago I traded my Guardian for a new General. I really liked my Guardian, it was a sweet shooting bow- but then I shot a General at the shop. Smooth, quiet, and fast enough for all of my whitetail hunting needs. I had always thought that the Guardian was the smoothest bow, but the General is awesome. Just whatever fits your needs best- both are great bows.

Quick Reply: Guardian or General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.