Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Guardian or General?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Guardian or General?

I really like both and can't decide between the two. Just wondering what you guys would get and why. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guardian or General?

I like the longer A to A of the Guardian.

Dan
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 PM

They are both great, I picked the General mainly becouse it pulls smooth and zero hand shock. And I like a little shorter A to A. The slower speed was really the only minus for me but the other plus' I listed outweighed the minus.
I dont think the roller is any diff. then the cable slide,and the string stop is coming off and need to get a meanv from Dan.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I personally prefer the General over the Guardian. You can't go wrong with either. Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

luke/r, this really is a matter of what works for 'you'.
However, for what it's worth, I can say for those who are no blessed with 29" and up draw lengthand the energy to draw 70+ #s, I find the General to be at a disadvantage compared to the Guardian.
Mainly because of the brace heighton the General @ 8.25" compared to that on the Guardian being 7.125".The power stroke on the General is shorter,and so will generate less speed.
Another concern I have,is the ShortStop string suppressor--I wish this was never there. The silence Bowtech gained with their Allegiance, Tribute, Guardian to me was, a step forward. However The ShortStop suppressor has now reintroduced the 'twang' (String slap) when the string comes into contact with theShortStop. This system helped with the accuracy but it took away the silence of the bow--in my view, this is another downside of the General.
Also, the idea of the draw stop using the cable as the wall--isn't the best idea either.
You may also have some issues with the vanes coming into contact with the cables as the clearance is awfully close. Cocked vane @ 9 o'clock will help with thisa bit.
All in all, for me, the Guardian is the better of the two, using the above issues for a comparison.
You cannot go wrong with the Guardian, but you can be disappointed with the General--"I WAS"--maybe take a look at the 82ndAirborne, but keep in mind the 101st will be a little bit more forgiving.
JMHO.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I personally prefer the General over the Guardian. You can't go wrong with either. Good luck with your decision.
Ditto. I prefer the General's smoother draw and larger brace height.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer the Guardian's longer a-to-a, andthe ability to work on it without a press is an added bonus.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg, your likes in bows seems to mirror mine very closely. I've also noticed that the General with Speed mods is a little tougher draw than the Guardian. That said I will be turkey hunting with the General loaded with Smooth Mods.

Dan
Old 03-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Host of Hosts

I kept my 07 Guardian and bought a General too. I just couldn't decide on one or the other. Besides I killed my first archery buck with the Guardian. Gotta hang on to it.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you guys for the input. I went yesterday shot both again and came home with a Guardian. Both nice bows but the Guardian felt better to me. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Guardian or General?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.