Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond Cable Rod and Slide >

Diamond Cable Rod and Slide

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Cable Rod and Slide

Old 12-24-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Diamond Cable Rod and Slide

First off i love my rapture. Didnt have to spend alot of money like my buddies with Mathews and I feel alot about archery is nothow much you spendbut how you learn to use it. Only problem is i pulled my bow out of the garage after it sat in there about a week and im not sure if it happened after the last time i shot it or if the wife sabotaged me, but i had a large crack in my cable slide that when i tried to remove it was so brittle it broke in two. Then while not putting any stress on the cable rod it came directly out of the bow and looks like it was never secured properly in the first place.

I called my dealer which is Sportsmans Warehouse and they said that they would replace the slide or i could purchase a tephlon one which is no big deal. But more importantly what am i going to do about the rod, ive been thinking about a winstalker or an alternative cable rod. But not sure how to install it because there seems to be no screw attachement. And havent ever used anything but a normal cable rod.

If anyone has any ideas on how to self repair this or knows of any cable rods that i might think about switching toyour help would be much appreciated.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:46 AM

Default RE: Diamond Cable Rod and Slide

i would not use the windstalker, but that's me.
clean the hole out as best you can, and also thecable rod itself,- letthem dry, then glue the cable rod in - all the way in. make sure you have the set screw backed out when you slide the rod in, and then tighten it before the glue bites. i've had to do it to every bowtech i've ever owned.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:38 AM

Ya i was thinking last night before i went to sleepand i just cant see any added benefits of having 2 cable slides and extra moving parts its not really part of my keep it simple motto.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

A Good replacement slide is the Saunders Hyper Glide Slide

Dan