Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Where to buy quality bow strings? >

Where to buy quality bow strings?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Where to buy quality bow strings?

Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Where to buy quality bow strings?

not to sound silly here but being a newbie what make for a good string as opposed to an of the shelf string.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pickleboy

not to sound silly here but being a newbie what make for a good string as opposed to an of the shelf string.
Couldn't say. I just told John what I wanted out of the strings. 452x is what I've used for 2 years now. They stay put, don't fall apart and increased speed. Set up both mine and my brothers this summer. Neither has needed adjustment since. Got to love it. First year my brother has used a tubeless peep. He was very scepticle and for years has warned me against it, couldn't be happier.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scorpion strings!
http://www.cdnhunter.com/scorpion.htm

Mat
Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

What makes good strings? Gibblet----OH, that's a who.

Good strings are put together with the same material as inferior strings. The difference is in how they are assembled. They are prestretched so all strands do equal work. This eliminates string creep and peep rotation. It means once installed and shot in, the bow is tuned and stays that way for pretty much the life of the string. The string/cable is pre-twisted and the serving installed under pressure so servings don't separate where they wrap around the module; same for the center serving.

Depending on the material requested there can be an increase in speed, sometimes 10 fps. Some times none.

Lastly, and most important, you can pick any two colors you like such as hot pink and purple............

I, too, am a user of Bucknasty string (aka: Gibblet). What would you want to know about his string making prowess? Read any ad you want, but there is usually no better information than the testimonials of his customers. The ones I've ordered from equal the quality of Winner's Choice, but at about half the cost.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

It means once installed and shot in, the bow is tuned and stays that way for pretty much the life of the string. The string/cable is pre-twisted and the serving installed under pressure so servings don't separate where they wrap around the module; same for the center serving.

Lastly, and most important, you can pick any two colors you like such as hot pink and purple............
thanks alot BG that helps but i still have 2 more dumb questions. if i change strings will i have to tune from scratch all over. or can the bow shop that installs the string replace my nock points and such in the same place. you also mentioned "where it wraps around the module" what is a module. the reason i am asking is mine on the last shot i took started to unwrap the serving on the bottom end of the string, where it hooks on the cable end. i know enough not to try to shoot this again or rewrap it my self. if it helps any the bow is an older PSE Polaris. thanks again for all the info. and sorry for highjacking this thread Quakklz
Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

There will have to be some tuning done when the string is replaced.

Usually it will only be nocking point and cam timing but that is done after the string has been shot in. That is also a good time to install the peep that way the peep will rotate into the correct position.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 PM

I have to buy some other string then bucknasty can't find out how to buy it here have looked and searched but it won't show it's self to me should not be that hard to buy something you would think i find it hard to trust a site that makes it this hard to buy thier product
Old 05-01-2008, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sambini1

I have to buy some other string then bucknasty can't find out how to buy it here have looked and searched but it won't show it's self to me should not be that hard to buy something you would think i find it hard to trust a site that makes it this hard to buy thier product
Hard? Go back to page one of this thread and read it again. John, the proprietor of Bucknasty Strings, can be contacted by e-mail, PM, and phone. All of that contact information is posted on the first page of the thread. Or here you go, [email protected] for e-mail, or his phone # 828-680-9862 now, how hard was that. You can also send a PM to gibblet http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/showProfile.aspx?memid=62660
Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 PM

I think John (Gibblet) has gotten so busy making strings that he isn't on this site much any more. I used to swear by Winner's Choice, but his workmanship is the best I have seen to date. No wonder he's busy . . . .