Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I am shocked! Bowtech staff >

I am shocked! Bowtech staff

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I am shocked! Bowtech staff

Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: I am shocked! Bowtech staff

ORIGINAL: kldad06

First and for most what are your jobs? How are you able to spend 700 on a new bow every year or every other year on a bow that may or may not be any smoother and only shoot a few feet per second faster? The last is are there any openings at those jobs for my wife so that I can hunt more with new bows?
Ok, first off, don't have children. This is the key to lots of time in the woods, and new bows every year. Second, go enroll in a college and then go thru medical school. Anything medical and lots of money, but maybe no time to shoot your bow. Don't be a lawyer, no guarantees on making big money there.

Engineering is always good. Been good to me. I get 5-6weeks vacation a year.But takes 5-7 years of college. And about 10 years of expereince.

I am in accumilation mode right now. Because my wife is in this thing called nesting mode, we are expecting a new baby in April. So I figure after that, no new bows, no new guns, hunting time cut in half, maybe more. Life as I know itis over. Just joking.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

First and for most what are your jobs? How are you able to spend 700 on a new bow every year or every other year on a bow that may or may not be any smoother and only shoot a few feet per second faster? The last is are there any openings at those jobs for my wife so that I can hunt more with new bows?
1. Full time employee of a local school district, part-time archery pro shop worker, part-time representative for a popular bow company

2. Prior to being a representative for said company I was single with a decent paying job, alot of time on my hands and a passion for bowhunting and bowhunting equipment.

3. I honestly don't know. Pat might be able to help you there.

Just wondering what does it mean to be a bowtech corporate staff? How do you get that position? What do you do?
Corporate staff members serve a variety of purposes. One, we are here to offer assistance on the forums if folks have questions on our products. Two, we work with many of the local dealers of our products. Three, we also work many of the outdoor shows helping to educate and promote our product line.

...at least that is what I have been doin'. I hear you can get away with just lookin' pretty. Ask Pat.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: kldad06

I just wanted to mention resale value for top brand bows aint bad, or so it seems. Seems like they spend $700 a year but after selling the old one it's prolly like $150...well spent $150 I'd imagine.
Not sure if you considered this or not.=)
Old 12-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

My hunting arrows are 440grs right on the nose andwith 29.5" draw modules installed my General was shooting 269fps with every shot.

That General number looks low but it does depend on what is on the string and I'm sure they were 29" mods so knock 5fps off there.It's also not a "Speed" bow with an 8+" brace height .
Guardian looks good......that's at 29" too so a 30" mod will get you around 322fps. (nothing to sneeze at)
The General number looks a bit low to me based upon my personal bow.
Carckers has got two that are shooting over 300 with that brace height. JUst a little bit of tweaking had to be done.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Well and then theres the others of us who can buy new bows every year or evey other year. Military 5 yearsmarriedwife has a good job and no kids, and the big one go over to the middle east for 6-7 months every so often and not see your family for that long so you kind of can save up alot of money when your not spending it for 6-7 months.

P.S I love the military and would not trade it for the world
Proud to be in the U.S. NAVY
protecting our freedomand bowhunting